Cmd - Quick command execution for browsers
Cmd allows you to quickly execute commands via a small keyboard-activated panel.
- This is the WebExtension version of the older add-on.
- It is experimental.
- It only supports execution of bookmarklets at this time.
Usage and features:
- Launch with control/command+shift+space.
- Start typing to see matching commands.
- Hit the tab key to cycle through multiple matches (shift+tab to cycle backwards). Example: type "pre" and hit tab a bunch of times.
- Hit enter to select the current match.
- Hit escape to hide cmd without selecting a command.
- The last executed command is shown by default.
- Sorting: Results are sorted by the number of times you've selected that result.
- Adaptive matching: The first result for what you type will the last-selected command for those typed characters (eg: "bo" -> "Bookmark this page").
Next version (iow, done but not on AMO yet)
- Add other basic built-ins like "bookmark", "email page to"
- Why no work on Github?
- Document existing commands
- Fix underlining
- Define and document command syntax
- Remote commands (via manifest?)
- Add basic web page commands like Ubiquity's built-ins
- Map the path to Ubiquity preview panels
- Add command chaining