Alterant is a lightweight provisioning tool built with ease of use, security, and flexibility in mind - Alter your machine with ease.
- Encrypts sensitive data with OpenPGP keys
- Allows flexible organization of configurations
- Installs dotfiles with symlinks
- Executes scripts defined within the YAML
- Automatically resolves dependecies
- Intelligently performs updates
- Easy installation with zero dependencies
For usage and examples see the Documentation.
Alterant utilizes static C libraries in order to make distributing the binary extremely easy. Install these libraries with your package manager of choice.
# yum -y localinstall http://downloads.autonomy.io/alterant/alterant-devel-0.1.0-1.x86_64.rpm
After the C dependencies are installed get the source and prepare it for pull requests.
$ go get -d git.autonomy.io/autonomy/alterant $ cd $GOPATH/src/git.autonomy.io/autonomy/alterant $ git remote rename origin upstream $ git remote add origin $FORK_URL
Install the Go related dependencies.
$ make vendor $ make deps
Hack away and compile the binary for your target.
$ make [linux|darwin]
Contributing guidelines can be seen in CONTRIBUTING.md.
- Git2Go - libgit2 bindings
- OpenPGP - Golang implementation
As well as the contributors.
This project is licensed under the Apache License 2.0 - see LICENSE.md for details.