2.0.2 (February 05, 2020)
AutoPkg 2.0 Release
This is the official release of a Python 3-only version of AutoPkg. It is no longer compatible with Python 2, and will encounter syntax errors and failures if ran with Python 2.
The release package has an included Python 3 framework that includes all necessary modules to run everything in AutoPkg core, and all of the recipes in autopkg-recipes.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PYTHON 3 CODE:
- FoundationPlist has been retired. plistlib in Python 3 should be used to handle all plist parsing.
- All Python string interpolation now use Python 3-style f-strings (formatted string literals).
- All references to unicode vs. string types have been refactored to use Python 3's native byte strings whenever possible.
- All unit tests were updated to Python 3.
- All Python code now use a symlink to the embedded Python framework. It is strongly recommended you do not modify or touch anything inside the AutoPkg Python framework (i.e. avoid installing things with pip).
CHANGES FROM RC2: