#Obcento: PHP Utility for Twitter 1.1 REST API
Obcento is a nice, lightweight, and medium-featured PHP library for communicating with Twitter via their 1.1 REST API. It uses OAuth and provides many functions for reading stuff.
Also, 'obcento' is a cool Latin word for singing and serenading. Which is kinda like Twitter. Ish. It's also easy to misspell. So have fun :)
- PHP (version 5 or better)
- cURL extension
You will need to get some credentials from Twitter. You'll need four things.
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Access Token
- Access Token Secret
Just go to dev.twitter.com/apps and follow the instructions there. You can pass them into the constructor fairly easily. Check out examples.php for how to do this.
- initial (test) release
- Project at GitHub avalanche-development/obcento
- Twitter's API documentation dev.twitter.com/docs
- David Kryzaniak @dave_kz dave.kz
- Jacob Emerick @jpemeric jacobemerick.com