Nice and tidy bundles of CSS and JS served by Rack.
Inspired by Managing Styles with Sass on Heroku.
- Sass - especially the Scss part - is pretty cool and I want to use it in my web apps.
- Some file systems (aka Heroku) are read-only so you can't "compile" to disk without dirty hacks.
- HTTP caching is pretty cool and we can leverage it to serve assets lickity-split.
- We also want:
- Stylesheets organized in lots of tiny files but that serve as one,
If you're using Rails 3, using Stork might look something like this:
Don't Bust that Nut Just Yet
Stork is a work in progress so I wouldn't go trying to install it just yet.
There's still a lot to do:
- Test it with Rails and maybe some other Rack based apps.
- Make sure it plays nicely with Compass.
- Finally, make it available as a proper gem.