Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 36 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Unable to find file "@AvanzuAdminThemeBundle/Resources/public/vendor/fullcalendar/dist/fullcalendar.min.js" #251
I have not changed anything in my config and suddently installing, it says:
March 12th, I deployed and it installed perfectly. I just do a deploy today and it breaks.
It's a recurrent problem with this bundle that it just "breaks" from time to time probably because a lack of "locking" the versions.
the required version in my
In the lock, I see this:
The problem is a major-bump change in the versioning of
while the failing installation downloaded a version whose
which is coherent on "failing today" as this change is super-recent.
So we need to lock-down the installed version to
Should'nt we have to lock ALL the downloaded packages? It is a pitty that this amazing
If we correct package by package as they break we will not be preveting this to happen again: If package A fails and we correct it, okey, package A won't fail agail but it'll probably fail package B.
We should find a way to ensure that installation is always sure. Otherwise it completely destroys the confidence in the next deploy even if you just changed a single line in your code. I've even thoght in abandoning the usage of this bundle just for this reason and I'm preventing to recommend it for new projects specifically because of this lack of confidence.
Who should decide on this? If anyone does the effort of locking it all, will a pull-request be merged or discarded?
@xmontero thanks for your report. Unfortunally the old 1.3.x series has in bower.json a lot versions with "*" and with the time it gets rusty. In new series releases it will be more adjusted for avoid BC. Closing as fixed with 1.3.13. Feel free to make a PR against 1.3.x branch if you know every locking dependency stable
Ah well... taking this "Feel free to make a PR against 1.3.x branch if you know every locking dependency stable" invitation, I'll do it tomorrow (2am here in Spain and tomorrow I'll have to be at a client's office soon).
Thanks for the current correction. I'll try to lock all them and do a PR. Thanks for that.
referenced this issue
Mar 20, 2019
From now on, (if merged) this 1.3.x branch will always have to update those files if the main developers require a specific new feature released in future versions.