- New Feature: Added presentation of imported types and TypeRef hashes for .NET binaries (#363, #364, #428).
- New Feature: Added computation and presentation of icon hashes for exact and also similarity matching in PE files (#339).
- Enhancement: Capstone2LlvmIr library refactoring (#115).
- Enhancement: Removed the build and runtime dependency on ncurses/libtinfo (#409).
- Enhancement: Add a check into our scripts that they are run from an installation directory and not from the
- Fix: Fixed handling of pointers with segment overrides, including loads/stores from/to zero (null) pointers (#41, #169, #347, #376, #391).
- Fix: Fixed translation of x86 FPU instructions to LLVM IR (#293).
- New Feature: Converted shell scripts to Python scripts so that Windows users no longer have to install MSYS2 in order to run RetDec (#338, #147).
- New Feature: Added generation of export-table hashes into
- New Feature: Automatically generate and publicly host an up-to-date Doxygen documentation (#20).
- Enhancement: Suppress superfluous ranlib warnings about static libraries having no symbols on macOS (#271, #349).
- Fix: Fixed assertions in statically linked code recognition (#333).
- Fix: Fixed aborts due to assertions during decoding of some MIPS binaries (#335).
- Fix: Fixed a memory leak when parsing Mach-O files (#331).
- New Feature:
retdec-fileinfois now able to detect when a PE file is corrupted and cannot be loaded (#281).
- New Feature: Added a new tool:
retdec-getsig. It can be used for creating signatures of packers, compilers, and other tools.
- New Feature: The number of bytes read from the input file's entry point by
retdec-fileinfois now configurable with the
- Enhancement: Complete rewrite of binary to LLVM IR decoding phase (#116).
- Enhancement: Added reference checks to statically linked code detection (#113).
- Enhancement: Speeded up RetDec rebuild and installation by disabling forced reconfiguration of LLVM (#294).
- Enhancement: Added new OS/ABI and tool detections for ELF files (#244).
- Enhancement: Improved support for analysis of ELF core files by
- Enhancement: Added support for limiting overall memory when running decompilations and tools (#270, #290). By default, decompilations are now run with limited memory (half of system RAM) to prevent "black screens" (mostly on Windows). Use
- Enhancement: On macOS, you no longer need to have GNU coreutils in
PATHto build and install RetDec. GNU coreutils are still needed to run RetDec, though.
- Enhancement: Import-table hashes generated by
retdec-fileinfoare now compatible with import-table hashes from YARA/pefile (#246).
- Enhancement: Tool
retdec-macho-extractorcan now extract objects from non-archive Mach-O universal binaries (#125).
- Enhancement: References to ticket numbers from our internal issue tracking system were replaced by short descriptions in the
retdec-regression-testsrepository (retdec-regression-tests #1).
- Enhancement: Added a missing license for the
retdec-supportrepository (retdec-support #1).
- Enhancement: Better detection of tools: new signatures and heuristics. YARA signatures are compiled now.
- Enhancement: Added Travis and AppVeyor continuous integration builds (#2).
- Enhancement: Build with
-std=gnu++14with GCC on Linux (#76).
- Enhancement: Speeded up build by skipping compilation of unnecessary dependencies (e.g. unused LLVM libraries, tools, and examples).
- Enhancement: OpenSSL is now automatically built only if it is not found in your system.
- Enhancement: Added support for a system-wide installation (#94).
- Enhancement: Prefixed all the installed binaries and scripts with
retdec-(#70). Also, some tools were renamed to make their names more uniform.
- Enhancement: Got rid of all git submodules (#92, #93). Moved sources of all RetDec-related repositories to this main repository. Third-party dependencies are downloaded and built via CMake's external projects. This allows us to have e.g. only a single copy of LLVM (#14) and not require a recursive clone (#48, #68, #72).
- Enhancement: Set a proper
rpathduring installation on Linux and macOS (#77, #100). This allows us to move the installation directory after the installation into another location.
- Enhancement: Added community support for building and running RetDec inside Docker (#60).
- Enhancement: Decrease the default timeout when downloading the support package during installation (#6).
- Enhancement: Any shell can be used to install the decompiler, not just Bash.
- Enhancement: Added unofficial support for macOS build (#7).
- Enhancement: Allow 32b versions of
llvmir2hllon Windows access more memory (#7).
- Enhancement: Added a method in
loader::Imageto obtain segment content as a raw data pointer.
retdec-fileinfonow prints raw bytes of Rich Header in the JSON format (#288).
- Enhancement: Delayed imports in PE files are now distinguished from non-delayed imports in the output from
retdec-fileinfoby a boolean flag (#287).
- Fix: Add a missing
.cextension to files generated by
- Fix: Fixed build of yaracpp on 32b Unix-like operating systems (#299).
- Fix: Fixed parsing of PE files having corrupted import tables (#101).
- Fix: Fixed parsing of delayed imports by ordinals in PE files (#282).
- Fix: Fixed ordering of detected tools (e.g. compilers and packers) on systems whose
std::sort()is not stable (#262).
- Fix: When running RetDec on macOS,
gtimeoutis now used instead of
timeout(#260). This fixes the following runtime error when running
command is required but it is not available.
- Fix: When running RetDec on macOS,
greadlinkis now used instead of
readlink. This fixes runtime errors of the form
readlink: illegal option -- e.
retdec-decompiler.shon macOS no longer requires the GNU version of
#!/usr/bin/env bashis now used instead of
#!/bin/bashto run our scripts (#258).
- Fix: Fixed
retdec-fileinfocrashes when verifying digital signature of PE files (#87).
- Fix: Fixed infinite loop in COFF word length detection for rare cases (#242).
- Fix: Fixed several ELF bugs causing crashes (#239, #240, #241, #248).
- Fix: Fixed unit-tests discovery in
retdec-tests-runner.shon macOS (#238).
- Fix: Non-printable characters in ELF .dynamic section output are now replaced with hexadecimal codes (#82).
- Fix: Fix for several segmentation faults in ELF parsing module (#89).
- Fix: Added a workaround for a GCC 5 compilation bug (#231).
- Fix: Fix LLVM (and therefore RetDec) build on systems with architecture other than x86 (llvm #3).
- Fix: Valid Mach-O x64 relocations are no longer ignored.
- Fix: Only a single copy of LLVM (and all other components) is kept (#14).
- Fix: RetDec works even if it is installed to a directory which have whitespaces in its path.
- Fix: Reduced the length of build paths to external projects (#61).
- Fix: Build of
googletestwith VS 2017 (#55).
- Fix: Build of
retdec-configwhen two different compilers are employed (#52).
- Fix: Build of the
llvmsubmodule with VS 2017 when DIA SDK is installed (#61).
- Fix: Ordering of compiler detections (#39).
- Fix: Remove duplicate
libprefix when installing libdwarf libraries (#31).
- Fix: When installing the decompiler, do not remove the entire
- Fix: Improve OS type detection when installing the decompiler.
- Fix: Remove useless OS type detection when running decompilations (#10).
- Fix: Filesystem path in utils now returns correct information when it is appended with another path.
- Fix: Plain output of
fileinfonow escapes non-printable characters in subject/issuer name/organization of PE certificates (#253).
- Fix: Invalid dates are no longer shown in the output of
- Fix: Fixed crash of
fileinfowhen accessing slightly corrupted security directory (#255, #250).
- Fix: Delayed imports are now ignored when calculating import-table hashes for PE files (#287).
- Fix: Import-table hashes for Mach-O binaries are now always generated even if commands for library loading are not ordered (#285).
- Fix: OpenSSL can now be built on ARM architectures (Linux and Windows) and other non-recognized architectures (Linux only) (#299).
- Fix: Decompilation in raw mode (
--mode raw) no longer removes the original input file when cleanup option is used (
- Fix: Retdec can now be cross-compiled (yaracpp #2).
Initial public release.