Market Finance Inc is a dynamic single-app financial trading webpage for users to visualize financial data and read news relating to specific companies.
- Candlestick graph displaying realtime data
- Correlating news articles from The Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Investopedia, Yahoo Finance, The Street, Nasdaq, MSN, Forbes, and Motley Fool
- TradingView chart widget
- News API from newsapi.org
React/Redux was the chosen frontend framework and flux architecture to easily manage dependencies across the different components.
- When a new company is chosen, the candlestick graph changes along with the news articles relating to that specific company.
- The redux store was also utilized in creating a responsive
Directory. The access point to show and hide the
Directoryis found in the
- React was helpful in creating modular components. Two different UL's
were used to create the
directory, however the
DirectoryIndexItemcomponent was able to be used in both.
Responsiveness and Browser Compatibility
Responsiveness across various browsers were considered during styling.
CSS's flex display was the ideal choice in distinguishing the width
dimensions for the adjacent
- Styling was tested against Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Google Fonts were used as they're compatible against all major browsers with fast CDN, has unlimited bandwidth for unlimited usage, and fast loading times.
Contenton page stacks vertically when the browser page reaches a width of 1100px.
Contentis rendered horizontally otherwise and has a max width once the screen gets too big. All responsive styling is done with CSS3 and no external library.