Powerdns Tango is a simple web frontend for powerdns written in the perl dancer framework. Its design philosophy is to hopefully make DNS management simple, easy and as quick as possible. This is an initial public release so please consider this beta software that's subject to change. Feedback and suggestions welcome.
- Clean and simple HTML5 JSON web interface
- Support for both mysql and postgres backends
- Support deployment for apache, nginx and lighttpd
- Two tier user system (admins & end users)
- DNS template system for fast deployment
- Abilitly to add multiple domains at once (bulk domain additions)
- Supported domains NATIVE, MASTER, SLAVE
- Supported DNS records A, AAAA, CNAME, LOC, MX, NS, PTR, SPF, SRV, TXT
- Secure forgotten password recovery (enable OR disable)
- Secure signup (fully automated OR admin approved OR disabled)
- Admin create, delete and modify users
- Admin set domain and template addition limit for end users
- Admin control/modify domain ownership
- Admin put application in maintenance mode (deny end user login)
The demo is not attached to anything live and the database is reset every twelve hours. So feel free to test out any and all features. However I'd ask that you would please be polite and consider others. http://pdns.averna.id.au/ ADMIN USER Login: admin Password: admin END USER Login: user Password: user
The following web browsers are supported. It's possible some older versions of these browsers or other browers not listed here will work without any issues.
- Firefox 4 (and above)
- Chrome 9 (and above)
- Internet Explorer 8 (and above)
- Safari 5 (and above)
- Opera 11 (and above)
Please note, Internet Explorer 7 and below is not supported.
For feature requests & bug reports please use github issues, https://github.com/averna-syd/PowerdnsTango/issues
For support & general feedback, you can reach me via email email@example.com or on google plus https://plus.google.com/117340570849980417814/about
Really couldn't have done this without the help of these fine projects/people.
- Name of project & giving me the idea in the first place: Craig Small (http://tdreams.net/)
- Icon Set: Silk Icons (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/)
- Cheshire cat logo: Kelsey Christenson (http://duckey5.deviantart.com/)
- Dancer framework: (http://perldancer.org/)
- jquery: (http://jquery.com/)
- jquery ui: (http://jqueryui.com/)
- jquery validation: (http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-validation/)
- jquery TipTip: (http://code.drewwilson.com/entry/tiptip-jquery-plugin)
Powerdns Tango copyright (C) 2011 Sarah Fuller See LICENSE.README for a full copy of the GPLv3 license. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.