A Ruby text editor.
- written in Ruby from the ground up
- runs on JRuby (a fast, compatible Ruby implementation)
- is cross-platform (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
- highly extensible
Some Redcar features:
- supports Textmate themes and snippets
- split screen mode
- syntax checking for many languages
- built in REPL for Ruby, plugins for Groovy, Clojure and Mirah.
Some (current) limitations:
- Only supports UTF-8 file encodings (and therefore ASCII)
$ gem install redcar
for more details, see User Guide: Installation
$ redcar --help
To see full usage details.
- Irc at #redcar on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing list at http://groups.google.com/group/redcar-editor
Redcar is copyright 2007-2012 Daniel Lucraft and contributors. It is licensed under the GPLv2. See the included LICENSE file for details.