The StatsD server written in Rust
Bioyino is a distributed statsd-protocol server with carbon backend.
- all basic metric types supported (gauge, counter, diff-counter, timer), new types are easy to be added
- fault tolerant: metrics are replicated to all nodes in the cluster
- clustering: all nodes gather and replicate metrics, but only leader sends metrics to backend
- precise: 64-bit floats, full metric set is stored in memory (for metric types that require post-processing), no approximation algorithms involved
- standalone: can work without external services
- safety and security: written in memory-safe language
- networking tries to do it's best to avoid dropping UDP packets as much as possible
- networking is asynchronous
- small memory footprint and low CPU consumption
Currently works in production at Avito, processing production-grade metric stream (~4M metrics per second on 3 nodes)
Do the usual Rust-program build-install cycle Please note, that building is always tested on latest stable version of Rust.
$ git clone <this repo> $ cargo build --release && strip target/release/bioyno
To configure, please, see config.toml, all the options are listed there and all of them are commented.
You can help project by doing the following:
- find TODOs/FIXMEs and unwraps in the code fix them and create a PR
- solve issues
- create issues to request new features
- add new features, like new metric types
- test the server on your environment and creating new issues if/when bugs found