Clone this wiki locally
Welcome! This wiki is about the Acoustics Music Player.
Acoustics is a networked jukebox. It’s ideal for any environment that wants to play music and wants multiple people to choose the music.
Acoustics is configurable and flexible. Check out your options on:
- Webserver – what servers are supported and any adjustments needed
- Authentication – how you can identify voters
- Queue Algorithm – ways to choose how the queue is ordered
- Plugin – features that not everyone wants, but you might
- Player – making sound appear
- RPC – ways of connecting the client and server
We also care about making it easy to add new functionality and use Acoustics in new ways.
- Plugin System – what a plugin can do and how to write it
- JSON API – how to query json.pl and interpret the resulting JSON
- Debugging the Player – what to do if it doesn’t work