I don't use this anymore, and don't plan on maintaining it. Please use at your own risk.
- -m promote the redis-server to MASTER
- -s promote the redis-server to SLAVE
- -k start the redis-server and promote it to MASTER
- Redis 2.2.12
- Keepalived 1.1.20
useradd -m -U redis chmod 750 /home/redis cd /home/redis sudo -u redis git clone https://github.com/antirez/redis.git redis.git cd redis.git git checkout 2.2.12 sudo make
- MASTER/SLAVE config: /home/redis/redis-mdb.conf (runs on port 6379)
How it works:
- Keepalived runs on the Redis MASTER and SLAVE servers
- The Redis MASTER binds the IP 172.16.0.180
- The Redis SLAVE connects to a Master server which has the IP 172.16.0.180
- Keepalived handles checking and runs a script if a server is online or offline
- This script will handle starting Redis promoting it to MASTER or SLAVE
This has NOT been tested in a production environment, use at your own risk
Copyright (c) 2011 Alex Williams. See LICENSE for details.