I want to learn ruby
A community driven list of resources for people to learn ruby, whether they're ruby newbies or advanced users.
How to Contribute New Resources
- Create a new file under _posts with name year-month-date-name.html
- Copy the contents of template.html into that file.
- Fill out/delete items from the header section as necessary.
- Add a description to the bottom of the file.
- [Optional] Add a 300x180 image to /images.
- You're done! Send in a pull request!
What to Contribute
Any resources you know that people can use to learn ruby (or rails, or anything else you think relevant).
Resources I'm aware of that I haven't had a chance to evaluate and/or add yet include:
Improvements to the code or the site are also appreciated. Some ideas:
- Add rake task to generate new posts
Tragically, I haven't had time (or money) to try all of these resources - I'm relying on impressions and descriptions for some of them. If you feel the level is inaccurate, or the description is misleading, or you just don't like it - feel free to change it and send me a pull request! I'd greatly appreciate it.
Many of the descriptions are taken directly from the resource's site, I mean no copyright infringement by this.
iwanttolearnruby is released under the MIT license. Attribution is appreciated, but not required.