A collection of useful Tools and Functions for AWS Lambda
In this section, we will note the languages that it supports, how it differs from the other frameworks, and the language it is written in.
- AWS Serverless Application Model - Natively supported with CloudFormation
- Chalice - Python2.7 - Written by AWS, still in preview - Python
- Zappa - Python
- FuseLess - CFML/ColdFusion - a toolkit for running Lambda functions written in CFML.
- lambda-refarch-webapp - Java - Java Webapp
- aws-serverless-auth-reference-app - TypeScript - App and Backend API with Authentication and Authorization
- WAV to MP3 Email Transcoder - Python - Converts WAV attachments to MP3 before forwarding them
- File Based AWS WAF Updater - Python - Updates a WAF list based on changes to a block file
- CloudFront Security Group Updater - Python - Updates a security group based on all CIDRs for CloudFront Endpoints
- Congrats You Broke The Build - Node.js - AWS Lambda function for notifying a user who breaks the build on Semaphore CI
- Slack Integration Blueprints for AWS Lambda - Python & Others - using AWS Lambda to power chatops
- CloudTrail Deactivation Remediation - Python - Automatically remediate CloudTrail Deactivations
- AWS CIS Benchmark Compliance Check - Python - A Lambda for benchmarking checking compliance against the AWS CIS Benchmark
- Configuration Management - Python - Execute RunCommand from Lambda to perform SSHless Server Configuration Management
- Alexa skill for running Lambda functions - Node.js - Allows for execution of arbitrary Lambda functions using Backand.
- Alexa restaurant lambda skill - Node.js - Three Lambda functions that can be used to implement a simple restaurant-related Alexa conversation. Hits Yelp and OpenTable APIs.
- PBKDF2 hash Validator - More of a tutorial than a real Lambda example, but gives a good overview of putting a lambda behind API Gateway to quickly build a very scalable web API.
- AWS Lambda Test Runner - Java - Runs your unit tests with Maven or SBT directly on AWS Lambda.
- AWS IoT Button logger to git - TypeScript + git binary - Logs events from IoT devices into a git repository of your choice. Beginner-friendly, highly customisable.