Awesome Soft for macOS
A curated list of awesome software for macOS.
- Awesome Soft for macOS - Toc
IDE & Editor
- Sublime Text - A sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose
- Visual Studio Code - Visual Studio Code is a lightweight but powerful source code editor.
- Eclipse - Eclipse is a platform that has been designed from the ground up for building integrated web and application development tooling.
- PyCharm - Python IDE for Professional Developers by JetBrains.
- PhpStorm - Lightning-Smart IDE for PHP Programming by JetBrains.
- IntelliJ IDEA - The Java IDE for Professional Developers by JetBrains.
- GoLand - A Clever IDE to Go by JetBrains.
- CLion - A Cross-Platform IDE for C and C++ by JetBrains.
- Xcode - Xcode 10 includes everything you need to create amazing apps for all Apple platforms.
- LiteIDE - LiteIDE is a simple, open source, cross-platform Go IDE.
- Atom - Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor for MacOS, Linux, and Windows with support for plug-ins written in Node.js, and embedded Git Control, developed by GitHub.
- Android Studio - The official IDE for Android, based on Intellij IDEA.
- NetBeans IDE - Free and open-source IDE, mainly used for Java development, but supports many other languages and frameworks.
- Typora - A markdown editor, markdown reader.
- MWeb - Pro Markdown writing, note taking and static blog generator App.
- MacDown - Markdown editor.
- iTerm2 - iTerm2 is a replacement for Terminal and the successor to iTerm.
- SecureCRT - Provides rock-solid terminal emulation for computing professionals, raising productivity with advanced session management.
- SSH Shell - The most convenient SSH client, easily interact with your remote host using integrated terminal.
- Evernote - Evernote helps you capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- YouDao Cloud Note - A great note-taking app.
- Sequel Pro - Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.
- Navicat - Powerful database management & design tool for Win, macOS & Linux. With intuitive GUI, user manages MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle & SQLite DB easily.
- MySQL Workbench - The official MySQL GUI.
- Mongotron - Cross platform MongoDB management, Open Source, built using Electron and Angular JS.
- Wireshark - Wireshark is the world’s foremost and widely-used network protocol analyzer.
- Charles - Charles is an HTTP proxy / HTTP monitor / Reverse Proxy that enables a developer to view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet.
- Paw - Paw is a full-featured and beautifully designed Mac app that makes interaction with REST services delightful.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- WPS - The perfect free office software.
- LibreOffice - Open source office suite.
- Chrome - One fast, simple and secure browser for all your devices.
- Firefox - A free and open-source web browser developed by Mozilla.
- Chromium - Open-source, free web browser project by Google, to provide the source code for Google Chrome.
- Sketch - Sketch is a design toolkit built to help you create your best work — from your earliest ideas, through to final artwork.
- Photoshop - Adobe Photoshop software is the industry standard in digital imaging and is used worldwide for design, photography, video editing and more.
- FontForge - Free, open-source font editor.
- Axure RP 8 - Prototypes, specifications and diagrams in one tool.
- XMind - XMind is designed to generate ideas, inspire creativity, make your thoughts from disorder to order, bring you efficiency both in work and life.
- Gliffy Diagrams - Gliffy online tools power visual communication and collaboration.
- Process On - Free online mapping, real-time collaboration.
- StarUML - Powerful UML app.
- Airmail - Fast email client. For both Mac OS and iOS.
- Foxmail - Foxmail is a freeware e-mail client developed by Tencent.
- FileZilla - The free FTP solution.
- RAR Extractor Lite - RAR Extractor Lite is a specialized application program which aims at Rar, Zip, Tar, 7-zip, Gzip, Bzip2 files.
- VirtualBox - VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.
- VMware Fusion - Powerfully Simple Virtual Machine for Mac.
- Parallels Desktop - Run Windows on Your Mac.
- Vagrant - Tool for building and distributing development environments.
- Docker - Docker Desktop is the easiest way to run Docker.
- Veertu - The lightest VM on Mac. Responsive, sandboxed & native way to run VM on your Mac.
- Dash - Dash gives your Mac instant offline access to 200+ API documentation sets.
- Sourcetree - Simplicity and power in a beautiful Git GUI.
- svnX - A Subversion GUI client for OS X.
- Versions - Mac Subversion Client (SVN).
- Cornerstone -Mac Subversion Client (SVN).
- Tower - Git client for Mac.
- Gitlab - GitLab is a web-based Git-repository manager with wiki, issue-tracking and CI/CD pipeline features, using an open-source license, developed by GitLab Inc.
- Gogs - A painless self-hosted Git service.
- Postman - Postman Makes API Development Simple.
- Alfred - Alfred is an award-winning productivity application for OS X.
- Writer Pro - iA Writer creates a clean, simple and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.
- Moom - Moom makes window management as easy as clicking a mouse button.
- 1Password - A password manager, digital vault, form filler and secure digital wallet.
- Authy - Two-factor authentication token manager that backs up and syncs across your devices.
Proxy & VPN
- Tunnelblick - Tunnelblick is a free, open source graphic user interface for OpenVPN® on OS X and macOS.
- ShadowsocksX - Secure socks5 proxy, designed to protect your internet traffic.
- ShadowsocksX-NG - Next Generation of ShadowsocksX.
- Shimo - VPN Client for Mac.
- Oh My Zsh - Oh My Zsh is a delightful, open source, community-driven framework for managing your Zsh configuration.
- htop - This is htop, an interactive process viewer for Unix systems.
- iStat Menus - An advanced Mac System monitor for your computer.
- Beyond Compare - Beyond Compare is a data comparison utility.
- tmux - "Terminal multiplexer", it enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and controlled from a single terminal. tmux is intended to be a simple, modern, BSD-licensed alternative to programs such as GNU screen.
- sshw - SSH client wrapper for automatic login.
- TinyPNG4Mac - Open-source tool to compress images.