Awesome Soft for Ubuntu
A curated list of awesome software for ubuntu.
- Awesome Soft for Ubuntu - Toc
- Gnome - The Gnome desktop environment.
IDE & Editor
- Sublime Text - A sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose
- Visual Studio Code - Visual Studio Code is a lightweight but powerful source code editor.
- Eclipse - Eclipse is a platform that has been designed from the ground up for building integrated web and application development tooling.
- PyCharm - Python IDE for Professional Developers by JetBrains.
- PhpStorm - Lightning-Smart IDE for PHP Programming by JetBrains.
- IntelliJ IDEA - The Java IDE for Professional Developers by JetBrains.
- GoLand - A Clever IDE to Go by JetBrains.
- CLion - A Cross-Platform IDE for C and C++ by JetBrains.
- LiteIDE - LiteIDE is a simple, open source, cross-platform Go IDE.
- Atom - Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor for MacOS, Linux, and Windows with support for plug-ins written in Node.js, and embedded Git Control, developed by GitHub.
- Android Studio - The official IDE for Android, based on Intellij IDEA.
- NetBeans IDE - Free and open-source IDE, mainly used for Java development, but supports many other languages and frameworks.
- CodeBlock - Codeblocks is a cross-platform IDE built around wxWidgets, designed to be extensible and configurable. Runs on Windows and Linux.
- Qt Creator - A cross-platform Qt IDE.
- KDevelop - KDevelop, a featureful, plugin-extensible IDE for C/C++ and other programming languages.
- TexMaker - Texmaker is a free, modern and cross-platform LaTeX editor.
- Typora - A markdown editor, markdown reader.
- Remarkable - A capable markdown editor that uses a variant of GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM).
- Foxit Reader - Free PDF Reader & PDF Viewer.
- Terminator - Feature filled terminal emulator that supports tabs and grids.
- SecureCRT - Provides rock-solid terminal emulation for computing professionals, raising productivity with advanced session management.
- WizNote - A cross-platform cloud based note-taking client.
- Todoist - Unofficial client of Todoist, the Cross-platform to-do manager with mobile apps, great UI and has some optional premium features
Audio & Video
- VLC - VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
- Kdenlive - Kdenlive is an open source video editor.
- Darktable - darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers.
- HandBrake - HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder.
- Ardour - Ardour is a hard disk recorder and digital audio workstation application.
- Kazam - Kazam is a simple screen recording program that will capture the content of your screen and record a video file.
- Navicat - Powerful database management & design tool for Win, macOS & Linux. With intuitive GUI, user manages MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle & SQLite DB easily.
- MySQL Workbench - The official MySQL GUI.
- Mongotron - Cross platform MongoDB management, Open Source, built using Electron and Angular JS.
- Wireshark - Wireshark is the world’s foremost and widely-used network protocol analyzer.
- Charles - Charles is an HTTP proxy / HTTP monitor / Reverse Proxy that enables a developer to view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine and the Internet.
- WPS Office - The perfect free office software.
- LibreOffice - Open source office suite.
- OpenOffice - The Free and Open Productivity Suite.
- Chrome - One fast, simple and secure browser for all your devices.
- Firefox - A free and open-source web browser developed by Mozilla.
- Chromium - Open-source, free web browser project by Google, to provide the source code for Google Chrome.
- GIMP - GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems. It is free software.
- FontForge - Free, open-source font editor.
- FreeMind - FreeMind is a free mind mapping application written in Java.
- XMind - XMind is designed to generate ideas, inspire creativity, make your thoughts from disorder to order, bring you efficiency both in work and life.
- Gliffy Diagrams - Gliffy online tools power visual communication and collaboration.
- Process On - Free online mapping, real-time collaboration.
- Draw.io - Draw.io is free online diagram software for making flowcharts, process diagrams, org charts, UML, ER and network diagrams.
- StarUML - Powerful UML app.
- Thunderbird - Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize.
- FileZilla - The free FTP solution.
- 7-Zip - 7-Zip is free software with open source.
- p7zip - p7zip is a port of 7za.exe for POSIX systems like Unix.
- VirtualBox - VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.
- Vagrant - Tool for building and distributing development environments.
- Docker - Docker Desktop is the easiest way to run Docker.
- Zeal - Zeal is an offline documentation browser for software developers. Comes with 192 awesome docsets!
- ChmSee - ChmSee is an HTML Help viewer for Unix/Linux.
- Gitkraken - Git GUI for Windows, Mac & Linux.
- Gitlab - GitLab is a web-based Git-repository manager with wiki, issue-tracking and CI/CD pipeline features, using an open-source license, developed by GitLab Inc.
- Gogs - A painless self-hosted Git service.
- Postman - Postman Makes API Development Simple.
- Albert -Albert is a launcher that lets you open files, run applications, perform web ... install, configure, and use the Albert launcher on Ubuntu Linux.
- Encryptr - Encryptr is a zero-knowledge, cloud-based e-wallet / password manager powered by Crypton.
- Pass - The standard Unix password manager.
Proxy & VPN
- ShadowsocksX - Secure socks5 proxy, designed to protect your internet traffic.
- ShadowsocksX-NG - Next Generation of ShadowsocksX.
- Oh My Zsh - Oh My Zsh is a delightful, open source, community-driven framework for managing your Zsh configuration.
- htop - This is htop, an interactive process viewer for Unix systems.
- Beyond Compare - Beyond Compare is a data comparison utility.
- tmux - "Terminal multiplexer", it enables a number of terminals (or windows) to be accessed and controlled from a single terminal. tmux is intended to be a simple, modern, BSD-licensed alternative to programs such as GNU screen.
- sshw - SSH client wrapper for automatic login.
- TeamViewer - PC remote control/remote access software, free for personal use.
- RecordMyDesktop - RecordMyDesktop is a desktop session recorder for GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.
- Docky - Docky is an advanced shortcut bar that sits at the edges of your screen. It provides easy access to some of the files, folders and applications on your computer.
- Steam - Gaming store, which opens the gates to many games.
- Shutter - Feature-rich Screenshot Tool.