Alfresco Content Services on the AWS Cloud
Quick Start Reference Deployment
This new Quick Start automatically deploys an Alfresco Content Services cluster on the AWS Cloud. The Quick Start was created by AWS in partnership with Alfresco Software, to integrate solutions and services from both companies. Alfresco Content Services is an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system that is used for document and case management, project collaboration, web content publishing, and compliant records management. The flexible compute, storage, and database services that AWS offers make it an ideal platform for Alfresco Content Services. This Quick Start presents an enterprise-grade Alfresco Content Services configuration that you can adapt to virtually any scenario, and scale up, down, or out, depending on your use case.
The Quick Start architecture includes the following components:
- Highly available Alfresco Content Services servers and Index servers deployed across two Availability Zones within your selected region. The servers take advantage of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing, with CPU-based thresholds that you can customize.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) for shared file storage.
- Amazon Relational Database System (Amazon RDS) Aurora in cluster (MySQL with Multi-AZ enabled in regions where Amazon Aurora currently not available) for the shared database.
The Alfresco Content Services deployment is automated by nested AWS CloudFormation templates. The templates call custom Chef cookbooks to automate installation and configuration tasks for Alfresco Content Services. The Quick Start gives you a option to either build a new AWS environment for Alfresco Content Services or use your existing AWS environment.
Deployment Guide: https://fwd.aws/yJED4
Demo: Watch a 6 minute demo here https://youtu.be/zEmoI9WwIXo
How to contribute
To avoid any problem on master branch, we are implementing git-flow. To contribute, please follow this:
- Fork this repository
- Create a branch from develop
- Make your changes
- Test your changes
- Make a pull request to develop branch and please add comments for the changes made
How changes go live
Below is the workflow of changes promoted to go live for AWS ACS QuickStarts:
- Please follow the How to contribute section above
- Once AWS are satisfied with changes then it gets merged into develop branch
- A new Pull Request should be created for merging changes into master from develop branch
- This git repository of master branch then gets copied over by AWS team to their private S3 bucket owned and managed by them which serves as source code for AWS ACS QuickStarts.