Portworx PX-Enterprise on Kubernetes on the AWS Cloud
This Quick Start automatically deploys Portworx PX-Enterprise on Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. After deployment, you can use example templates to launch databases into the cluster.
With Portworx, you can manage databases or stateful services on Kubernetes. Portworx enables data to be available across Availability Zones, and failed pods can be rescheduled on a host in a different Availability Zone. After you use this Quick Start to deploy Portworx PX-Enterprise, you can use the example templates provided to launch databases onto the Amazon EKS cluster.
This Quick Start is available for AWS Regions that support Amazon EKS. For a current list of supported regions, see the AWS Regions and Endpoints webpage.
You can use the AWS CloudFormation templates included with the Quick Start to deploy the Portworx PX-Enterprise service and the Amazon EKS infrastructure in your AWS account in 20-30 minutes. The Quick Start automates the following:
- Deploying Portworx PX-Enterprise into a new virtual private cloud (VPC)
- Deploying Portworx PX-Enterprise into an existing VPC
You can also use the AWS CloudFormation templates as a starting point for your own implementation.
For architectural details, best practices, step-by-step instructions, and customization options, see the deployment guide.
To post feedback, submit feature ideas, or report bugs, use the Issues section of this GitHub repo. If you'd like to submit code for this Quick Start, please review the AWS Quick Start Contributor's Kit.
This Quick Start was built in collaboration with Portworx, Inc., an AWS Partner Network (APN) Partner.
TODO / Limitations
- Allow custom Portworx configuration for oci-monitor
- Currently only a subset of parameters are used and limit configuration.
- Note, some of these options can be changes using
kubectlon the bastion host.
- Examples of currently unsupported options during stack creation:
- External ETCD currently not configurable.
- Synchronouse DR. Which would need to add
- Use CSI or not. (Does not by default)