AWS & Alexa Workshop
Welcome to AWS & Alexa Workshop!
The goal of this workshop is learn how to build Alexa Skills using AWS Services. To access the workshop content, please visit
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to build an Alexa Custom Kill
- How to build an Alexa-enabled Lamp using Smart Home Skill
- Implement Alexa Account Linking
The workshop website is built on Hugo. You do NOT need to install Hugo and clone this repo if you want to run this workshop. The following step is ONLY used to build the workshop material itself and run a localhost version of the content.
On a mac:
brew install hugo
- Download from the releases page: https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/releases/tag/v0.46
- Extract and save the executable to
Clone this repo:
From wherever you checkout repos:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:aws-samples/aws-alexa-workshop.git (or your fork)
Clone the theme submodule:
cd aws-alexa-workshop git submodule init git submodule update
Run Hugo locally:
hugo server -D, and open
http://localhost:1313/ in your browser.
hugo will build your content locally and output to
This sample code is made available under the MIT-0 license. See the LICENSE file.