XCTestUI Sample Tests for AWS Device Farm iOS Sample App
This is an XCTest UI test suite that tests some basic functionalities of the AWS Device Farm iOS sample app.
In order to run this app within Device Farm you will need to create a local copy of this repository and build the application from source.
Building Project with Xcode 7
- Select the
Generic iOS Deviceas our build target.
Product > Build For > Testing.
Packing and Creating XCTest UI Test Runner
- Go into your build directory:
~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ProjectName/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneosor if you have a custom build directory, go to that location.
- Create a new directory named "Payload"
- Move the "*-Runner.app" file into the "Payload" folder
- Right click the Payload folder > Compress.
- Rename "Payload.zip" to "test_runner.ipa".
Testing on Device Farm
Follow the steps in the official AWS Device Farm documentation for XCTest UI Testing.