aws s3api: Added support for the aws-exec-read canned ACL on objects.
aws elasticbeanstalk: Added support for composable web applications.
aws ec2: Added support for EC2 dedicated hosts.
aws ecs: Added support for task stopped reasons and task start and stop times.
feature:Read Timeouts: Add
--cli-read-timeoutto specify the number of seconds until a read times out.
aws s3: Fix regression when downloading a restored Glacier object (issue 1650 <https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/pull/1650>__)
aws s3: Fix issue when encountering "out of disk space" errors as well as permissions errors when downloading large files (issue 1645,
aws opsworks register: Support
--no-verify-sslargument for the
aws opsworks registercommand (issue 1632)
s3: Add support for Server-Side Encryption with KMS and Server-Side Encryption with Customer-Provided Keys. (issue 1623)
aws rds: Cross account snapshot sharing and Modify DB Instance Visibility features
memory management: Resolve a potential memory leak when creating lots of clients on Python 2.6 and Linux 2.6
presign url: Now generate_presigned_url() works correctly with different expiry time
- bugfix:shorthand: Allow
.as a valid key character. (issue 1628)
aws apigateway: Support for stage variables to configure the different deployment stages
aws help: Gracefully handle Ctrl-C interrupts. (issue 1619)
aws datapipeline create-default-roles: Fix issue with error handling. (issue 1618)
aws s3: Skip glacier objects when downloading from S3. (issue 1581)
aws s3api: Auto-populate
--copy-source-sse-customer-key-md5(botocore issue 709)
aws datapipeline create-default-roles: Creates default IAM roles for creating EMR clusters. (issue 1616)
aws devicefarm: Add commands for updating and deleting projects, device pools, uploads, and runs.
aws iam: Add support for resource-level policy simulation
aws s3: Fix some local path validation issues (issue 1575)
aws storagegateway: Fix
--vtl-device-arns, respectively. The old arguments are still supported for backwards compatibility, but are no longer documented. (issue 1599)
aws configservice subscribe: Fix an issue when creating a new S3 bucket (issue 1593)
aws apigateway put-integration: Fix issue with
--integration-http-methodparameters (issue 1605)
aws ssm: Add support for Amazon EC2 Run Command
aws apigateway: Add support for Amazon API Gateway
aws iam: Add policy simulator support
aws autoscaling: Add support for launch configurations that include encrypted Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes
- feature:configure: Add support for
- feature:Assume Role: Add
role_session_nameconfig variable to control the
RoleSessionNamewhen assuming roles (issue 1389)
- bug:Argument Parsing: Handle case when empty list parameter was specified with no value (issue 838)
aws deploy: Compress zip files when using
aws deploy push(issue 1534 <https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/pull/1534>--)
- bugfix:Shorthand Parser: Fix issue when display error message for multiline shorthand syntax values (issue 1543)
aws route53: Automatically retry Throttling and PriorRequestNotComplete errors (botocore issue 682)
aws s3/s3api: Add support for changing the bucket addressing style (botocore issue 673)
aws s3api: Add missing
aws kms: Add ability to delete customer master keys (CMKs)
aws iot: Add support for AWS IoT
aws iot-data: Add support for AWS IoT Data Plane
aws lambda: Add support for aliasing and function versioning
aws ecs: Update commands
aws marketplacecommerceanalytics: Add support for AWS Marketplace Commerce Analytics
aws firehose: Add support for Amazon Kinesis Firehose
aws inspector: Add support for Amazon Inspector
aws kinesis: Add support for updating stream retention periods
aws configservice: Add support for config rules
aws waf: Add support for AWS WAF
aws ec2: Add support for spot blocks
aws cloudfront: Add support for adding Web ACLs to CloudFront distributions
aws es: Adds support for the new Amazon Elasticsearch
aws cloudtrail: Adds support for log file integrity validation, log encryption with AWS KMS-Managed Keys (SSE-KMS), and trail tagging.
aws rds create-db-instance: --db-instance-class has a new value as db.t2.large
aws workspaces: Adds support for volume encryption in Amazon WorkSpaces.
aws ses: Adds 17 new operations for accepting incoming emails.
aws cloudformation describe-account-limits: This is a new API.
aws ec2 modify-spot-fleet-request: This is a new API.
aws elasticbeanstalk: Documentation update.
aws cognito-sync: Update API to latest version
aws cognito-identity: Update API to latest version
- bugfix:Assume Role Provider: Fix issue where profile does not exist errors were not being propogated back to the user (issue 1515)
- bugfix:Shorthand Syntax: Fix parser regression when a key name has an underscore character (issue 1510)
aws s3: Add support for
STANDARD_IAstorage class to the
aws s3commands (issue 1511)
aws logs: Add support for
- bugfix:Output: Only omit printing response to stdout if the response is an empty dictionary (issue 1496)
aws s3/s3api: Update Amazon S3 commands to the latest version
aws ec2 request-spot-fleet: Add new Diversified bidding strategy parameter
aws ec2 describe-snapshots: Add new dataEncryptionKeyId and StateMessage parameters
aws efs describe-mount-targets: Add new optional MountTargetId parameter
aws route53: Add calculated health checks and latency health checks
- bugfix:StreamingBody: File-like object for HTTP response can now be properly closed
aws iam: Add two new APIs that enable programmatic access to the IAM policy simulator
aws importexport: Documentation update
aws machinelearning: Remove a constraint
aws kinesis get-records: Add a timestamp field to all Records
aws cloudfront: Add paginators and waiters
aws storagegateway: Add support for resource tagging.
aws ec2 request-spot-fleet: Add support for new request config parameters
- bugfix:Shorthand Parser: Fix regression where '-' character was not accepted as a key name in a shorthand value (issue 1470)
- bugfix:Shorthand Parser: Fix regression where spaces in unquoted values were not being accepted (issue 1471)
aws configservice: Add support for listing discovered resources
aws emr create-default-roles: Fix the issue where the command would fail to honor an existing AWS_CA_BUNDLE environment setting and end up with "SSLError: object has no attribute" (issue 1468)
- feature:Shorthand Syntax: Add support for nested hashes when using shorthand syntax (issue 1444)
aws codepipeline: Add support for specification of an encryption key to use with the artifact bucket, when creating and updating a pipeline
aws s3: Add support for event notification filters
aws iam create-virtual-mfa-device: Fix issue when an error response is received from the
create-virtual-mfa-devicecommand (issue 1447)
aws elasticbeanstalk: Add support for enhanced health reporting in
- feature:Shared Credentials File: Add support for changing the shared
credentials file from the default location of
~/.aws/credentialsby setting the
AWS_SHARED_CREDENTIALS_FILEenvironment variable (botocore issue 623)
- feature:Waiters: Add
aws iam wait instance-profile-existsand
aws iam wait user-existscommands (botocore issue)
aws swf: Add support for Added support for invoking AWS Lambda tasks from an Amazon SWF workflow.
aws devicefarm: Add support for testing iOS applications with AWS Device Farm.
aws opsworks: Add support for managing Amazon EC2 Container Service clusters.
aws rds: Add support for Amazon Aurora.
aws s3api: Add support for more types of event notifications.
aws s3api: Add support for GET/HEAD storage class response headers.
aws logs: Add destination API support.
aws glacier: Add support for Vault Lock.
aws emr: Add support for release-based clusters.
aws devicefarm: Add support for AWS Device Farm
aws dynamodbstreams: Add support for Amazon DynamoDB Streams
aws dynamodb: Add support for consistent reads with the Scan API
aws codepipeline: Add support for AWS CodePipeline
aws codecommit: Add support for AWS CodeCommit
aws ses: Add support for cross-account sending
aws iam: Add support for managing SSH Public Keys
aws ecs: Update API
aws ec2: Add support for EBS Snapshot Copy Support for Customer Managed Encryption Keys
aws autoscaling: Add support for Step Policies
aws cloudfront: Update the
aws cloudfrontcommand to the latest version.
aws redshift: Update the
aws redshiftcommand to latest version.
aws glacier: Add support for tagging.
aws opsworks: Update the
aws opsworkscommand to latest version.
aws config: Add support for users to specify which types of supported resources AWS Config records for tracking configuration changes.
aws deploy: Adds support for deployments to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) instances.
aws machinelearning wait: Add
batch-prediction-availablewaiter commands. (botocore issue 544)
aws route53 wait: Add
resource-record-sets-changedwaiter command. (botocore issue 543)
aws ecs: Add support for DeregisterTaskDefintion and environment variable overrides.
- bugfix:msi: Fix issue with msi's being installed on Windows 2008 and below.
- bugfix:Installation: Fix bundled installer when running python 2.6 (issue 1381 https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/pull/1381)
- bugfix:Installation: Fix minimum required version of pip to install the AWS CLI using python2.6 (issue 1383 https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/pull/1382)
aws autoscaling: Add support for attachinga and describing load balancers.
aws ec2: Add support for VPC flow logs and M4 instances.
aws emr: Add Spark support and managed policy support.
aws ecs: Add support for updating container agent.
aws logs: Add support for
aws storagegateway: Add support for
aws cognito-identity: Add support for
delete-identitiesand hiding disabled identities with the
aws lambda create-function: Add support for uploading code using Amazon S3.
- feature:Preview Services: Preview services are now documented and will also show up in the list of available services (issue 1345)
aws efs: Add support for
aws ecs: Add paginators and waiters for
aws kinesis: The
get-recordscommand now returns a new value MillisBehindLatest: the number of milliseconds the
get-recordsresponse is from the end of the stream, indicating how far behind real time a consumer is.
aws kms: Add update-alias command
aws elastictranscoder: Update the aws elastictranscoder command to include support for additional formats, including MXF, FLAC, and OGA, and additional flexibility for your output audio.
aws ec2: Add support for Spot Fleet.
aws opsworks: Add support for custom AutoScaling.
aws elasticbeanstalk: Update model to latest version.
aws ds: Add support for AWS Directory Service.
aws ec2: Add support for VPC endpoints for Amazon S3.
aws ec2: Add support for EIP Migration.
aws logs: Add support for filtering log events.
aws glacier: Add support for vault policies.
aws iam create-open-id-connect-provider: Fix issue where the
--urlparameter would try to retrieve the contents from the url instead of use the url as its value. (issue 1317)
aws workspaces: Fix issue where throttling errors were not being retried (botocore issue 529)
aws dynamodb query: Add support for KeyConditonExpression.
aws help topics: Add support for listing available help topics.
aws help config-vars: Add help topic for configuration variables.
aws help return-codes: Add help topic for return codes.
aws help s3-config: Add help topic for configuration of s3 commands.
aws lambda create-function/update-function-code: Improve error message when invalid
--zip-filevalues are provided (issue 1296)
aws ec2: Add support for new VM Import APIs, including
import-image. The new APIs provide support for importing multi-volume VMs to Amazon EC2 and other enhancements.
aws iam: Update AWS IAM command to latest version
aws cognito-sync: Add support for Amazon Cognito Events.
- bugfix:Parsing: Treat empty XML nodes in a response as an empty
string instead of
Noneif the underlying structure member is a string. This fixes the broken
password-data-availableAmazon EC2 waiter. Note: this changes the output of the CLI and may affect filtering with the
--queryparameter. (issue 1252, botocore issue 506)
aws ecs: Minor documentation fixes.
aws workspaces: Add support for Amazon WorkSpaces.
aws machinelearning: Add support for Amazon Machine Learning.
aws s3api: Add support for specifying Lambda bucket notifications without needing to specify an invocation role.
aws lambda: Update to latest api.
aws ecs: Add support for Amazon ECS Service scheduler.
aws datapipeline: Add support for deactivating pipelines.
aws elasticbeanstalk: Add support for cancelling in-progress environment updates or application version deployment.
aws codedeploy: Add
uninstallcommands and update to the latest AWS CodeDeploy API.
aws rds: Add support for
aws elastictranscoder: Add support for PlayReady DRM.
aws ec2: Add support for D2 instances.
- bugfix:Pagination: Fix issue where disabling pagination did not
work when shadowing arguments. Affects commands such as
aws route53 list-resource-record-sets.
aws elastictranscoder: Add support for job timing and input/output metadata
aws iam: Add NamedPolicy to GetAccountAuthorization details
aws opsworks: Allow for BlockDeviceMapping on EC2 instances launched through OpsWorks
aws emr: Adds support for Amazon S3 client-side encryption in Amazon EMR and setting configuration values for several variables in the
sshcommands. Also, the
create-default-rolescommand will now auto-populate the Service Role and Instance Profile variables in the configuration file with the default roles after they are created.
aws ec2 wait image-available: Add support for polling until an EC2 image is available (issue 1105)
aws ec2 wait: Add support for additional EC2 waiters including
aws s3api: Add support for Amazon S3 cross region replication
aws s3api: Add support for Amazon S3 requester pays (issue 797)
- bugfix:Tab Completion: Fix issue where tab completion could not
aws s3api put-bucket-notification: Fix issue where an empty notification configuration could not be specified (botocore issue 495)
aws cloudfront: Fix issue when calling cloudfront commands (issue 1234)
aws ec2 copy-snapshot: Fix issue with the
aws ec2 copy-snapshotcommand not correctly generating the presigned url argument (botocore issue 498)
aws elastictranscoder: Add support for Applied Color SpaceConversion.
aws --profile: Fix issue where explicitly specifying profile did not override credential environment variables. (botocore issue 486)
aws datapipeline list-runs: Fix issue with
--schedule-intervalparameter. (issue 1225)
aws configservice subscribe: Fix issue where users could not subscribe to a s3 bucket that they had no HeadBucket permissions to. (issue 1223)
aws cloudtrail create-subscription: Fix issue where command would try to fetch the contents at a url using the contents of the custom policy as the url. (issue 1216)
aws logs: Update
aws logscommand to the latest model.
aws ec2: Add paginators for the
aws cloudtrail: Add support for the new
aws configure set: Fix issue when setting nested configuration values
aws s3: Add support for
--metadata-directivethat allows metadata to be copied or replaced for single part copies. (issue 1188)
aws cloudsearch: Update
aws cloudsearchcommand to the latest model
aws cognito-sync: Update
aws cognito-synccommand to allow customers to receive near-realtime updates as their data changes as well as exporting historical data. Customers configure an Amazon Kinesis stream to receive the data which can then be processed and exported to other data stores such as Amazon Redshift.
aws opsworks: Fix issue with platform detection on linux systems with python3.3 and higher (issue 1199)
- feature:Help Paging: Support paging through
morewhen running help commands on windows (issue 1195)
aws s3: Fix issue where read timeouts were not retried. (issue 1191)
aws cloudtrail: Add support for regionalized policy templates for the
update-subscriptioncommands. (issue 1167)
- bugfix:parsing: Fix issue where if there is a square bracket inside one of the values of a list, the end character would get removed. (issue 1183)
aws datapipeline: Add support for tagging.
aws route53: Add support for listing hosted zones by name and getting the hosted zone count.
aws s3 sync: Remove
synccommand is always a recursive operation meaning the inclusion or exclusion of
--recursivehad no effect on the
synccommand. (issue 1171)
aws s3: Fix issue where
--endpoint-urlwas being ignored (issue 1142)
aws sts: Allow calling
aws sts: Allow users to make regionalized STS calls by specifying the STS endpoint with
--endpoint-urland the region with
--region. (botocore issue 464)
aws sts: Fix regression where if a region was not activated for STS it would raise an error if call was made to that region.
aws cloudfront: Update to latest API
aws sts: Add support for STS regionalized calls
aws ssm: Add support for Amazon Simple Systems Management Service (SSM)
aws s3: Fix auth errors when uploading large files to the
cn-north-1regions (botocore issue 462)
aws ec2 revoke-security-group-ingress: Fix parsing of a
--portvalue of ICMP echo request (issue 1075)
aws iam: Add support for managed policies
aws elasticache: Add support for tagging
aws route53domains: Add support for tagging of domains
aws dynamodb: Add support for index scan
aws s3: Fix issue where literal value for
--website-redirectwas not being used. (issue 1137)
aws sqs purge-queue: Fix issue with the processing of the
--queue-urlparameter (issue 1126)
aws s3: Add support for config variable for changing S3 runtime values (issue 1122)
- bugfix:Proxies: Fix issue with SSL certificate validation when using proxies and python 2.7.9 (botocore issue 451)
aws datapipeline list-runs: Fix issue where
--statusvalues where not being serialized correctly (issue 1110)
- bugfix:Output Formatting: Handle broken pipe errors when piping the output to another program (issue 1113)
- bugfix:HTTP Proxy: Fix issue where
aws s3/s3apicommands would hang when using an HTTP proxy (issue 1116)
aws elasticache wait: Add waiters for the
aws elasticache wait(botocore issue 443)
- bugfix:Locale Settings: Fix issue when Mac OS X has an
aws dynamodb: Add support for online indexing.
aws importexport get-shipping-label: Add support for
aws s3 ls: Add
--summarizeoptions (issue 1103)
aws kinesis put-records: Fix issue with base64 encoding for blob types (botocore issue 413)
aws emr: Add support for security groups.
aws cognitio-identity: Enhance authentication flow by being able to save associations of IAM roles with identity pools.
aws autoscaling: Add ClassicLink support.
aws s3: Fix issue where mtime was set before file was finished downloading. (issue 1102)
aws s3 cp: Fix issue with parts of a file being downloaded more than once when streaming to stdout (issue 1087)
--no-sign-request: Fix issue where requests were still trying to be signed even though user used the
--no-sign-requestflag. (botocore issue 433)
aws cloudsearchdomain search: Fix invalid signatures when using the
aws cloudsearchdomain searchcommand (issue 976)
aws cloudhsm: Add support for AWS CloudHSM.
aws ecs: Add support for
aws ecs, the Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS)
aws rds: Add Encryption at Rest and CloudHSM Support.
aws ec2: Add Classic Link support
aws cloudsearch: Update
aws cloudsearchcommand to latest version
aws cloudfront wait: Fix issue where wait commands did not stop waiting when a success state was reached. (botocore issue 426)
aws ec2 run-instances: Allow binary files to be passed to
--user-data(botocore issue 416)
aws cloudsearchdomain suggest: Add
--suggest-queryoption to fix the argument being shadowed by the top level
--queryoption. (issue 1068)
aws emr: Fix issue with endpoints for
cn-north-1(botocore issue 423)
aws s3: Fix issue where empty XML nodes are now parsed as an empty string
null, which allows for round tripping
aws s3 get/put-bucket-lifecycle(issue 1076)
- bugfix:AssumeRole: Fix issue with cache filenames when assuming a role on Windows (issue 1063)
aws s3 ls: Fix issue when listing Amazon S3 objects containing non-ascii characters in eu-central-1 (issue 1046)
aws storagegateway: Update the
aws storagegatewaycommand to the latest version
aws emr: Update the
aws emrcommand to the latest version
aws emr create-cluster: Fix script runnner jar to the current region location when
--enable-debuggingis specified in the
aws emr create-clustercommand
aws datapipeline get-pipeline-definition: Rename operation parameter
--pipeline-versionto avoid shadowing a built in parameter (issue 1058)
- bugfix:pip installation: Fix issue where pip installations would cause an error due to the system's python configuration (issue 1051)
aws elastictranscoder: Update the
aws elastictranscodercommand to the latest version
- bugfix:Non-ascii chars: Fix issue where escape sequences were being printed instead of the non-ascii chars (issue 1048)
aws iam create-virtual-mfa-device: Fix issue with
--outfilenot supporting relative paths (issue 1002)
aws sqs: Add support for Amazon Simple Queue Service purge queue which allows users to delete the messages in their queue.
aws opsworks: Add AWS OpsWorks support for registering and assigning existing Amazon EC2 instances and on-premises servers.
aws opsworks register: Registers an EC2 instance or machine with AWS OpsWorks. Registering a machine using this command will install the AWS OpsWorks agent on the target machine and register it with an existing OpsWorks stack.
aws s3: Fix issue with expired signatures when retrying failed requests (botocore issue 399)
aws cloudformation get-template: Fix error message when template does not exist (issue 1044)
aws kinesis put-records: Add support for PutRecord operation. It writes multiple data records from a producer into an Amazon Kinesis stream in a single call
aws iam get-account-authorization-details: Add support for GetAccountAuthorizationDetails operation. It retrieves information about all IAM users, groups, and roles in your account, including their relationships to one another and their attached policies.
aws route53 update-hosted-zone-comment: Add support for updating the comment of a hosted zone.
- bugfix:Timestamp Arguments: Fix issue where certain timestamps were not being accepted as valid input (botocore issue 389)
aws s3: Skip files whose names cannot be properly decoded (issue 1038)
aws kinesis put-record: Fix issue where
--dataargument was not being base64 encoded (issue 1033)
aws cloudwatch put-metric-data: Fix issue where the values for
--statistic-valueswere not being parsed properly (issue 1036)
aws datapipeline: Add support for using AWS Data Pipeline templates to create pipelines and bind values to parameters in the pipeline
aws elastictranscoder: Add support for encryption of files in Amazon S3
aws s3: Fix issue where requests were not being resigned correctly when using Signature Version 4 (botocore issue 388)
aws s3: Fix issue where KMS encrypted objects could not be downloaded (issue 1026)
aws s3: Fix issue where datetime's were not being parsed properly when a profile was specified (issue 1020)
- bugfix:Assume Role Credential Provider: Fix issue with parsing expiry time from assume role credential provider (botocore issue 387)
aws redshift: Add support for integration with KMS
aws cloudtrail create-subscription: Set a bucket config location constraint on buckets created outside of us-east-1. (issue 1013)
aws deploy push: Fix s3 multipart uploads
aws s3 ls: Fix return codes for non existing objects (issue 1008)
- bugfix:Retrying Signed Requests: Fix issue where requests using Signature Version 4 signed with temporary credentials were not being retried properly, resulting in auth errors (botocore issue 379)
aws s3api get-bucket-location: Fix issue where getting the bucket location for a bucket in eu-central-1 required specifying
--region eu-central-1(botocore issue 380)
- bugfix:Timestamp Input: Fix regression where timestamps without any timezone information were not being handled properly (issue 982)
- bugfix:Signature Version 4: You can enable Signature Version 4 for Amazon S3
commands by running
aws configure set default.s3.signature_version s3v4(issue 1006, botocore issue 382)
aws emr: Fix issue where
--putwould not work when the cluster was in a waiting state (issue 1007)
- feature:Binary File Input: Add support for reading file contents as binary
by prepending the filename with
- bugfix:Streaming Output File: Fix issue when streaming a response to a file and an error response is returned (issue 1012)
- bugfix:Binary Output: Fix regression where binary output was no longer being base64 encoded (issue 1001, issue 970)
aws lambda: Add support for Amazon Lambda
aws s3: Add support for S3 notifications
aws configservice get-status: Fix connecting to endpoint without using ssl. (issue 998)
aws deploy push: Fix some python compatibility issues (issue 1000)
aws deploy: Adds support for AWS CodeDeploy
aws configservice: Adds support for AWS Config
aws kms: Adds support AWS Key Management Service
aws s3api: Adds support for S3 server-side encryption using KMS
aws ec2: Adds support for EBS encryption using KMS
aws cloudtrail: Adds support for CloudWatch Logs delivery
aws cloudformation: Adds support for template summary.
- feature:AssumeRole Credential Provider: Add support for assuming a role
by configuring a
source_profilein the AWS config file (issue 991, issue 990)
- feature:Waiters: Add a
waitsubcommand that allows for a command to block until an AWS resource reaches a given state (issue 992, issue 985)
aws s3: Fix issue where request was not properly signed on retried requests for
aws s3(issue 986, botocore issue 375)
aws s3: Fix issue where
--includewere not being properly applied when a s3 prefix was provided. (issue 993)
aws cloudfront: Adds support for wildcard cookie names and options caching.
aws route53: Add further support for private dns and sigv4.
aws cognito-sync: Add support for push sync.
- bugfix:Pagination: Only display
--page-sizewhen an operation can be paginated (issue 956)
--generate-cli-skeleton: Generates a JSON skeleton to fill out and be used as input to
--cli-input-json. (issue 963)
--cli-input-json: Runs an operation using a global JSON file that supplies all of the operation's arguments. This JSON file can be generated by
--generate-cli-skeleton. (issue 963)
aws s3/s3api: Show hint about using the correct region when the corresponding error occurs (issue 968)
aws ec2 describe-volumes: Add support for optional pagination.
aws route53domains: Add support for auto-renew domains.
aws cognito-identity: Add for Open-ID Connect.
aws sts: Add support for Open-ID Connect
aws iam: Add support for Open-ID Connect
aws s3 sync: Fix issue when uploading with
- bugfix:Retry: Fix issue where certain error codes were not being retried (botocore issue 361)
aws emr ssh: Fix issue when using waiter interface to wait on the cluster state (issue 954)
aws cloudsearch: Add support for advance Japanese language processing.
aws rds: Add support for gp2 which provides faster access than disk-based storage.
aws s3 mv: Delete multi-part objects when transferring objects across regions using
aws emr ssh: Fix issue with waiter configuration not being found (issue 937)
aws dynamodb: Update
aws dynamodbcommand to support storing and retrieving documents with full support for document models. New data types are fully compatible with the JSON standard and allow you to nest document elements within one another.
aws configure: Fix bug where
aws configurewas not properly writing out to the shared credentials file
- bugfix:S3 Response Parsing: Fix regression for parsing S3 responses containing a status code of 200 with an error response body (botocore issue 342)
- bugfix:Shorthand Error Message: Ensure the error message for shorthand parsing always contains the CLI argument name (issue 935)
- bugfix:Response Parsing: Fix response parsing so that leading and trailing spaces are preserved
- feature:Shared Credentials File: The
aws configure setcommand now write out all credential variables to the shared credentials file
aws s3: Write warnings and errors to standard error as opposed to standard output. (issue 919)
aws s3: Add
--only-show-errorsoption that displays errors and warnings but suppresses all other output.
aws s3 cp: Added ability to upload local file streams from standard input to s3 and download s3 objects as local file streams to standard output. (issue 903)
aws emr create-cluster: Add support for
aws iam: Update
aws iamcommand to latest version.
aws cognito-sync: Update
aws cognito-synccommand to latest version.
aws opsworks: Update
aws opsworkscommand to latest version.
aws elasticbeanstalk: Add support for bundling logs.
aws kinesis: Add suport for tagging.
- feature:Page Size: Add a
--page-sizeoption, that controls page size when perfoming an operation that uses pagination. (issue 889)
aws s3: Added support for ignoring and warning about files that do not exist, user does not have read permissions, or are special files (i.e. sockets, FIFOs, character special devices, and block special devices) (issue 881)
- feature:Parameter Shorthand: Added support for
structure(list-scalar, scalar)parameter shorthand. (issue 882)
aws s3: Fix bug when unknown options were passed to
aws s3commands (issue 886)
- bugfix:Endpoint URL: Provide a better error message when
--endpoint-urlis provided (issue 899)
aws s3: Fix issue when keys do not get properly url decoded when syncing from a bucket that requires pagination to a bucket that requires less pagination (issue 909)
aws cloudsearchdomain: Added sigv4 support.
- bugfix:Credentials: Raise an error if an incomplete profile is found (issue 690)
- feature:Signing Requests: Add a
--no-sign-requestoption that, when specified, will not sign any requests.
aws s3: Added
-source-regionargument to allow transfer between non DNS compatible buckets that were located in different regions. (issue 872)
aws elb: Add support for AWS Elastic Load Balancing tagging
aws emr: Move emr out of preview mode.
aws s3api: Fix serialization of several s3 api commands. (issue botocore 193)
aws s3 sync: Fix issue for unnecessarily resyncing files on windows machines. (issue 843)
aws s3 sync: Fix issue where keys were being decoded twice when syncing between buckets. (issue 862)
aws ec2 describe-network-interface-attribute: Fix issue where the model for the
aws ec2 describe-network-interface-attributewas incorrect (issue 558)
aws s3: Add option to not follow symlinks via
--[no]-follow-symlinks. Note that the default behavior of following symlinks is left unchanged. (issue 854,
aws route53 change-tags-for-resource: Fix serialization issue for
aws route53 change-tags-for-resource(botocore issue 328)
aws ec2 describe-network-interface-attribute: Update parameters to add the
--attributeargument (botocore issue 327)
aws autoscaling: Update command to the latest version
aws elasticache: Update command to the latest version
aws route53: Update command to the latest version
aws route53domains: Add support for Amazon Route53 Domains
aws elasticloadbalancing: Update to the latest service model.
aws swf poll-for-decision-task: Fix issue where the default paginated response is missing output response keys (issue botocore 324)
- bugfix:Connections: Fix issue where connections were hanging when network issues occurred issue botocore 325)
aws s3/s3api: Fix issue where Deprecations were being written to stderr in Python 3.4.1 issue botocore 319)
aws support: Update
aws supportcommand to the latest version
aws iam: Update
aws iamcommand to the latest version
aws emr: Add
aws emr create-clusterand
aws emr install-applicationcommands
aws s3 sync: Add an
--exact-timestampsoption to the
aws s3 synccommand (issue 824)
aws ec2 copy-snapshot: Fix bug when spaces in the description caused the copy request to fail (issue botocore 321)
aws cwlogs: Add support for Amazon CloudWatch Logs
aws cognito-sync: Add support for Amazon Cognito Service
aws cognito-identity: Add support for Amazon Cognito Identity Service
aws route53: Update
aws route53command to the latest version
aws ec2: Update
aws ec2command to the latest version
aws s3/s3api: Fix issue where
--endpoint-urlwasn't being used for
aws s3/s3apicommands (issue 549)
aws s3 mv: Fix bug where using the
aws s3 mvcommand to move a large file onto itself results in the file being deleted (issue 831)
aws s3: Fix issue where parts in a multipart upload are stil being uploaded when a part has failed (issue 834)
- bugfix:Windows: Fix issue where
python.exeis on a path that contains spaces (issue 825)
aws opsworks: Update the
aws opsworkscommand to the latest version
- bugfix:Shorthand JSON: Fix bug where shorthand lists with
a single item (e.g.
--arg Param=[item]) were not parsed correctly. (issue 830)
- bugfix:Text output: Fix bug when rendering only scalars that are numbers in text output (issue 829)
aws cloudsearchdomain: Fix bug where
--endpoint-urlis required even for
helpsubcommands (issue 828)
aws cloudsearchdomain: Add support for the Amazon CloudSearch Domain command.
aws cloudfront: Update the Amazon CloudFront command to the latest version
aws ses: Add support for delivery notifications
- bugfix:Region Config: Fix issue for
cn-north-1region (issue botocore 314)
- bugfix:Amazon EC2 Credential File: Fix regression for parsing EC2 credential file (issue botocore 315)
- bugfix:Signature Version 2: Fix timestamp format when calculating signature version 2 signatures (issue botocore 308)
aws configure: Add support for setting nested attributes (issue 817)
aws s3: Fix issue when uploading large files to newly created buckets in a non-standard region (issue 634)
aws dynamodb: Add support for a
localregion for dynamodb (
aws dynamodb --region local ...) (issue 608)
aws elasticbeanstalk: Update
aws elasticbeanstalkmodel to the latest version
- feature:Documentation Examples: Add more documentatoin examples for many AWS CLI commands
aws emr: Update model to the latest version
aws elastictranscoder:Update model to the latest version
aws s3api: Add support for server-side encryption with a customer-supplied encryption key.
aws sns: Support for message attributes.
aws redshift: Support for renaming clusters.
aws s3: Fix bug related to retrying requests when 500 status codes are received (issue botocore 302)
aws s3: Fix when when using S3 in the
cn-north-1region (issue botocore 301)
aws kinesis: Fix pagination bug when using the
get-recordsoperation (issue botocore 304)
- bugfix:Python 3.4.1: Add support for python 3.4.1 (issue 800)
aws emr: Update preview commands for Amazon Elastic MapReduce
aws s3: Add filename to error message when we're unable to stat local filename (issue 795)
aws s3api get-bucket-policy: Fix response parsing for the
aws s3api get-bucket-policycommand (issue 678)
- bugfix:Shared Credentials: Fix bug when specifying profiles that don't exist in the CLI config file (issue botocore 294)
aws s3: Handle Amazon S3 error responses that have a 200 OK status code (issue botocore 298)
aws sts: Update the
aws stscommand to the latest version
aws cloudsearch: Update the
aws cloudsearchcommand to the latest version
- feature:Shorthand: Add support for surrounding list parameters
chars in shorthand syntax (issue 788)
- feature:Shared credential file: Add support for the
aws ec2: Add support for Amazon EBS encryption
aws s3: Fix issue when
--excludefilters are used together (issue 778)
aws route53: Update
aws route53to the latest model
aws emr: Fix issue with
aws emrretry logic not being applied correctly (botocore issue 285)
aws cloudtrail: Add support for eu-west-1, ap-southeast-2, and eu-west-1 regions
aws ec2: Fix issue when specifying user data from a file containing non-ascii characters (issue 765)
aws cloudtrail: Fix a bug with python3 when creating a subscription (issue 773)
- bugfix:Shorthand: Fix issue where certain shorthand parameters were not parsing to the correct types (issue 776)
aws cloudformation: Fix issue with parameter casing for the
NotificationARNsparameter (botocore issue 283)
aws cloudformation: Add support for updated API
aws sqs: Add support for message attributes
aws s3api: Fix issue when setting metadata on an S3 object (issue 356)
aws autoscaling: Add support for launching Dedicated Instances in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
aws elasticache: Add support to backup and restore for Redis clusters
aws dynamodb: Update
aws dynamodbcommand to the latest API
bugfix:Output Format: Fix issue with encoding errors when using text and table output and redirecting to a pipe or file (issue 742)
aws s3: Fix issue with sync re-uploading certain files (issue 749)
bugfix:Text Output: Fix issue with inconsistent text output based on order (issue 751)
aws datapipeline: Fix issue for aggregating keys into a list when calling
aws datapipeline get-pipeline-definition(issue 750)
aws s3: Fix issue when running out of disk space during
aws s3transfers (issue 739)
aws s3 sync: Add
--size-onlyparam to the
aws s3 synccommand (issue 472,
aws cloudtrail: Fix issue when using
create-subscriptioncommand (issue botocore 268)
aws cloudsearch: Amazon CloudSearch has moved out of preview (issue 730)
aws s3 website: Fix issue where
--error-documentwas being ignored in certain cases (issue 714)
aws opsworks: Update
aws opsworksmodel to the latest version
bugfix:Pagination: Fix issue with
aws iam, and
aws ses(issue 729)
aws s3: Fix issue with fips-us-gov-west-1 endpoint (issue botocore 265)
bugfix:Table Output: Fix issue when displaying unicode characters in table output (issue 721)
aws s3: Fix regression when syncing files with whitespace (issue 706,
aws ec2: Fix issue with EC2 model resulting in responses not being parsed.
aws ec2: Add support for Amazon VPC peering
aws redshift: Add support for the latest Amazon Redshift API
aws cloudsearch: Add support for the latest Amazon CloudSearch API
aws cloudformation: Documentation updates
- bugfix:Argument Parsing: Fix issue when list arguments were not being decoded to unicode properly (issue 711)
- bugfix:Output: Fix issue when invalid output type was provided in a config file or environment variable (issue 600)
aws datapipeline: Fix issue when serializing pipeline definitions containing list elements (issue 705)
aws s3: Fix issue when recursively removing keys containing control characters (issue 675)
aws s3: Honor
--no-verify-sslin high level
aws s3commands (issue 696)
- bugfix:Parameters: Fix issue parsing with CLI
parameters of type
- bugfix:Pagination: Fix issue where
--max-itemsin pagination was always assumed to be an integer (issue 689)
aws elb: Add support for AccessLog
- bugfix:Bundled Installer: Allow creation of bundled
pip 1.5(issue 691)
aws s3: Fix issue when copying objects using
aws s3 cpwith key names containing
+characters (issue #614)
ec2 create-snapshot: Remove
Tagskey from output response (issue 247)
aws s3commands should not be requiring regions (issue 681)
CLI Arguments: Fix issue where unicode command line arguments were not being handled correctly (issue 679)
aws s3: Fix issue where S3 downloads would hang in certain cases and could not be interrupted (issue 650,
aws s3: Support missing canned ACLs when using the
--aclparameter (issue 663)
aws rds describe-engine-default-parameters: Fix pagination issue when calling
aws rds describe-engine-default-parameters(issue 607)
aws cloudtrail: Merge existing SNS topic policy with the existing AWS CloudTrail policy instead of overwriting the default topic policy
aws s3: Fix issue where streams were not being rewound when encountering 307 redirects with multipart uploads (issue 544)
aws elb: Fix issue with documentation errors in
aws elb help(issue 622)
bugfix:JSON Parameters: Add a more clear error message when parsing invalid JSON parameters (issue 639)
aws s3api: Properly handle null inputs (issue 637)
bugfix:Argument Parsing: Handle files containing JSON with leading and trailing spaces (issue 640)
aws route53: Update
aws route53command to support string-match health checks and the UPSERT action for the
aws route53 change-resource-record-setscommand
- bugfix:Command Completion: Don't show tracebacks on SIGINT (issue 628)
- bugfix:Docs: Don't duplicate enum values in reference docs (issue 632)
aws s3: Don't require
s3://prefix (issue 626)
aws configure: Add support for
configure setcommand which allow you to set and get configuration values from the AWS config file (`issue 602 <https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/602`__)
aws s3: Fix issue with Amazon S3 downloads on certain OSes (`issue 619 <https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/619`__)
- Add support for the
--recursiveoption in the
aws s3 lscommand (issue 465 <https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/465)
- Add support for the
AWS_CA_BUNDLEenvironment variable so that users can specify an alternate path to a cert bundle (issue 586)
metadata_service_num_attemptsconfig parameters to control behavior when retrieving credentials using an IAM role (issue 597)
- Retry intermittent
aws s3download failures including socket timeouts and content length mismatches (issue 594)
- Fix response parsing of
aws s3api get-bucket-location(issue 345)
- Fix response parsing of the
aws elastictranscodercommand (issue 207)
aws elasticachecommand to not require certain parameters
- Add support for creating launch configuration or Auto Scaling groups
using an Amazon EC2 instance, for attaching Amazon EC2 isntances to an
existing Auto Scaling group, and for describing the limits on the Auto
Scaling resources in the
- Update documentation in the
- Allow the
CreateNetworkAclEntryto also work for
- Remove one second delay when tasks are finished running for several
aws s3subcommands (issue 551)
- Fix bug in shorthand documentation generation that prevented certain nested structure parameters from being fully documented (issue 579)
- Update default timeout from .1 second to 1 second (botocore issue 202)
- Removed filter parameter in RDS operations (issue 515)
- Fixed region endpoint for the
aws kinesiscommand (botocore issue 194)
- Fix issue 548 where
--include/--excludearguments for various
aws s3commands were prepending the CWD instead of the source directory for filter patterns
- Fix issue 552 where a remote location without a trailing slash would
show a malformed XML error when using various
- Add support for tagging in
- Add support for georestrictions in
- Add support for new audio compression codecs in the
- Update the
aws cloudtrailcommand to the latest API
- Add support for the new China (Beijing) Region. Note: Although the AWS CLI now includes support for the newly announced China (Beijing) Region, the service endpoints will not be accessible until the Region’s limited preview is launched in early 2014. To find out more about the new Region and request a limited preview account, please visit http://www.amazonaws.cn/.
- Add support for parallel multipart uploads when copying objects
between Amazon S3 locations when using the
aws s3command (issue 538)
- Fix issue 542 where the
---stack-policy-urlwill parameter will not interpret its value as a URL when using the
aws cloudformation create-stackcommand
- Add support for global secondary indexes in the
- Add support for the
- Add support for worker roles in the
- Add support for resource tagging and other new operations in the
- Add support for resource-based permissions in the
- Update the
aws elasticachecommand to signature version 4
- Allow tcp, udp, icmp, all for
--protocolparam of the
ec2 create-network-acl-entrycommand (issue 508)
- Fix bug when filtering
s3://locations with the
--include/--excludeparams (issue 531)
- Fix an issue with map type parameters raising uncaught exceptions in commands such as sns create-platform-application (issue 407)
- Fix an issue when both
--associate-public-ip-addressare specified in the
ec2 run-instancescommand (issue 520)
- Fix an issue where
--output textwas not providing a starting identifier for certain rows (issue 516)
- Update the
supportcommand to the latest version
- Update the
--querysyntax to support flattening sublists (boto/jmespath#20)
--endpoint-urlto work with the
aws s3command (issue 469)
Fix issue with
aws cloudtrail [create|update]-subscriptionnot honoring the
--profileargument (issue 494)
Fix issue with
--subnet-idis provided (issue 501)
Don't require key names for structures of single scalar values (issue 484)
Fix issue with symlinks silently failing during
s3 sync/cp(issue 425
and issue 487)
aws configure listcommand to show where the configuration values are sourced from (issue 513)
cloudwatchcommand to use Signature Version 4
ec2command to support enhanced network capabilities and pagination controls for
Add support in
rdscommand for copying DB snapshots from one AWS region to another
- Add support for AWS Cloudtrail
- Add support for identity federation using SAML 2.0 in the
- Update the
aws redshiftcommand to include several new features related to event notifications, encryption, audit logging, data load from external hosts, WLM configuration, and database distribution styles and functions
- Add a
--associate-public-ip-addressoption to the
ec2 run-instancescommand (issue 479)
- Add an
s3 websitecommand for configuring website configuration for an S3 bucket (issue 482)
- Fix an issue with the
s3command when using GovCloud regions (boto/botocore#170)
- Fix an issue with the
s3 lscommand making an extra query at the root level (issue 439)
- Add detailed error message when unable to decode local filenames during
s3 sync(issue 378)
allas valid values to the
ec2 authorize-security-group-egress(issue 460)
- Log the reason why a file is synced when using the
- Fix an issue when uploading large files on low bandwidth networks (issue 454)
- Fix an issue with parsing shorthand boolean argument values (issue 477)
- Fix an issue with the
cloudsearchcommand missing a required attribute (boto/botocore#175)
- Fix an issue with parsing XML response for
cloudformationcommand to support new features for stacks and templates
storagegatewaycommand to support a new gateway configuration, Gateway-Virtual Tape Library (Gateway-VTL)
elbcommand to support cross-zone load balancing, which changes the way that Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) routes incoming requests
- Add a new
configurecommand that allows users to interactively specify configuration values (pull request 455)
- Add support for new EMR APIs, termination of specific cluster instances, and unlimited EMR steps
- Update Amazon CloudFront command to the 2013-09-27 API version
- Fix issue where Expires timestamp in bundle-instance policy is incorrect (issue 456)
- The requests library is now vendored in botocore (at version 2.0.1)
- Fix an issue where timestamps used for Signature Version 4 weren't being refreshed (boto/botocore#162)
- Fix an issue causing
s3 syncwith the
--deleteincorrectly deleting files (issue 440)
- Fix an issue with
--output textcombined with paginated results (boto/botocore#165)
- Fix a bug in text output when an empty list is encountered (issue 446)
- Update the AWS Direct Connect command to support the latest features
- Fix text output with single scalar value (issue 428)
- Fix shell quoting for
MANPAGERenvironment variable (issue 429)
- --endpoint-url is explicitly used for URL of remote service (boto/botocore#163)
- Fix an validation error when using
--group-idtogether (issue 435)
- Update Amazon Elastic Transcoder command with audio transcoding features
- Improve text output (
--output text) to have a consistent output structure
--queryargument that allows you to specify output data using a JMESPath expression
- Upgrade requests library to 2.0.0
- Update Amazon Redshift region configuration to include
- Update Amazon S3 region configuration to include
- Add a bundled installer for the CLI which bundles all necessary dependencies (does not require pip)
- Fix an issue with ZSH tab completion (issue 411)
- Fix an issue with S3 requests timing out (issue 401)
- Fix an issue with
s3api delete-objectsnot providing the
Content-MD5header (issue 400)
- Update the Amazon EC2 command to support Reserved Instance instance type modifications
- Update the AWS OpsWorks command to support new resource management features
- Fix an issue when transferring files on different drives on Windows
- Fix an issue that caused interactive help to emit control characters on certain Linux distributions
- Update the Amazon CloudFront command to support the latest API version 2013-08-26
- Update the Auto Scaling client to support public IP address association of instances
- Update Amazon SWF to support signature version 4
- Update Amazon RDS with a new subcommand,
- Update the
s3commands to support the setting for how objects are stored in Amazon S3
- Update the Amazon EC2 command to support the latest API version (2013-08-15)
- Fix an issue causing excessive CPU utilization in some scenarios where many files were being uploaded
- Fix a memory growth issue with
s3copying and syncing of files
- Fix an issue caused by a conflict with a dependency and Python 3.x that caused installation to fail