This is the first developer release of AWS CLI v2.0.0.
The AWS CLI v2.0.0 is not recommended for production use and is offered as a developer release.
Major features include:
- Improved auto-completion performance
- Add support for resource value auto completion, which can auto complete resources such as Amazon DynamoDB table names, AWS IAM user names, etc.
- Add support for wizards, which allows interactive prompting in order to create and configure AWS resources.
- Add high level
aws ddbcommand which includes the
aws logs tailcommand for viewing most recent logs in an Amazon CloudWatch Logs group
- Add support for automatically retrieving region via IMDS.
aws configure importcommand to create profiles from credentials CSV generated in the web console.
- Add support for
aws configure list-profilescommand.
Removal of features and backwards incompatible changes:
- Remove support support for python2.6, python3.3, and python3.4.
- Default timestamp to iso8601. Previously it would display whatever format was returned by the AWS service.
- Remove support for automatically retrieving remote values starting with