/ fargatecli Public
Releases · awslabs/fargatecli
- Added support for ap-south-1, ca-central-1 and ap-northeast-2 regions
The full list of supported regions is now:
- Console output reworked for consistency and brevity
- macOS users get emoji as a type prefix in console output
with --no-emoji if you're not into fun
- Requests and responses from AWS are displayed in full when --verbose is
- Added additional AWS Fargate regions
- Added --task-command flag to allow overriding of the Docker command used by the container
- If you have a region set in your AWS credentials, use that by default and only fall back to us-east-1 if no region is set
- Added --assign-public-ip boolean flag, which allows you to control whether a task has a public IP address (default: true)
- Environment variable service commands now return a polite error message when
invoked without the service name. ([#22][issue-22])
- Certificate import command re-implemented to work correctly. Previously calls
to this command always returned "private key not supported" as we were
incorrectly encoding it to base64 before passing it to the AWS SDK.
- Add contributor guide, updated license to repo
- Support --task-role flag in service create and task run to allow passing a role name for the tasks to assume. (#8)
- Use the
UpdateServicein service restart instead of incrementing the task definition. (#14)
- Fixed issue where we'd stomp on an existing task role on service updates like deployments or environment variable changes. (#8)
- service create will not run if a load balancer is configured without a port.
- service create and task run will no longer create a repository if an image is explictly passed.
- service destroy will remove all references the service's target group and delete it.
- Fix git repo detection to properly use a git sha image tag rather than a time stamp tag. (#6)
- Fail fast if a user attempts to destroy a service scaled above 0.
- Added --cluster global flag to allow running commands against other clusters rather than the default. If omitted, the default fargate cluster is used. (#2)
- lb create, service create, and task run now accept an optional --subnet-id flag to place resources in different VPCs and subnets rather than the defaults. If omitted, resources will be placed within the default subnets within the default VPC. (#2)
- lb create, service create, and task run now accept an optional --security-group-id flag to allow applying more restrictive security groups to load balancers, services, and tasks. This flag can be passed multiple times to apply multiple security groups. If omitted, a permissive security group will be applied.
- Resolved crashes with certificates missing resource records. Certificates that fail to be issued immediately after request would cause crashes in lb info and lb list as the resource record was never generated.