GPLv3 - see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
Use it on your own risk. If you like it then spread it :-)
This is a shell script I use at my web hoster to update the Matomo installation. After a backup of the config it updates all matomo file and starts console core:update for database migrations.
The special thing is:
- my install directory is [webroot]/piwik/ ... and not /matomo/
- At my hoster I have a few binaries. I must use unzip ... so extracting the zip
(1) You need an existing installation of Matomo.
(2) The script uses the following binaries that must exist in the PATH
- put the 2 bash files into a directory on your hoster
- copy the inc-matomo-cfg.bash.dist to inc-matomo-cfg.bash (without .dist)
- in the inc-matomo-cfg.bash set your webroot and target directory of matomo
- chmod 0755 matomo-updater.bash
Run ./matomo-updater.bash to start the update. If a command would fail, then it stops.
After an upgrade go to the Matomo web backend and verify the installation and remove unneeded files.