Axibase Collector is a Java-based ETL application that queries external data sources on schedule and uploads received data as series, properties, messages, and files into the Axibase Time Series Database.
It supports collections-based automation in order to query as many data sources as possible with the same configuration.
Typical Use Cases
- Download CSV/TSV file from a web or FTP server and upload it into ATSD.
- Query a web service, convert its JSON output into tabular format, and upload it into ATSD.
- Historize metrics by querying their current values and storing them in ATSD for analytics.
- Offload prunable data from relational databases for long-term storage in ATSD.
- Collect real-time performance metrics from Java applications (JMX), network devices (SNMP), etc.
Supported Data/Network Protocols
Supported File Formats
- Open Data (aka Socrata)
- Amazon Web Services CloudWatch
- Docker Engine
- HP OVPM (Performance Manager)
- Administrator Account
- Collector account in ATSD
- ATSD Server Connection
|AWS||Collects AWS statistics using CloudWatch API.|
|Docker||Collects container, image, and volume statistics using Docker Engine API.|
|JDBC||Executes SQL queries against relational databases.
Converts rows into series, property, or message commands.
|File||Downloads CSV/TSV files from remote servers or local file system and uploads them into ATSD for parsing.
Supports HTTP/s, FTP, SFTP, SCP, and FILE protocols.
|JSON||Downloads JSON files, parses the documents and converts JSON fields into series, property, and message commands using JSONPath.|
|Socrata||Downloads JSON documents published in Socrata schema and converts them into series, property, and message commands.|
|JMX||Collects MBean attribute values from Java applications.|
|HTTP||Executes HTTP requests or Web Driver scripts and stores response status and response times as metrics.|
|ICMP||Pings hostnames/IP addresses and stores response status.|
|OVPM||Offloads statistics from HP OpenView Performance Manager.|
|SNMP||Queries SNMP devices using built-in and custom MIB files.|
|TCP||Connects to hostnames/IP addresses and stores connection status.|