SmartFormat is a is a lightweight text templating library written in C# which can be a drop-in replacement for
string.Format. More than that SmartFormat can format data with named placeholders, lists, localization, pluralization and other smart extensions.
- High performance with low memory footprint
- Minimal, intuitive syntax
- Formatting takes place exclusively at runtime
- Exact control of whitespace text output
string.Formatcompatibility mode and SmartFormat enhanced mode
- Most common data sources work out-of-the-box
- Many built-in formatting extensions
- Custom formatting and source extensions are easy to integrate
- .Net Framework 4.6.1 and later
- .Net Standard 2.0
- .Net Standard 2.1 and later for best optimizations
Have a look at the SmartFormat Wiki
See the changelog for changes.
SmartFormat is licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
The bundled project SmartFormat.ZString is Copyright © Cysharp, Inc. Their software
is licensed under The MIT License (MIT).
Their conversion methods under the
is Copyright © .NET Foundation and Contributors und is licensed
under The MIT License (MIT).
We would like to thank JetBrains for supporting the project with free licenses of their fantastic tools.