What is Project Markdown?
Project Markdown (PMD) is an open source offline markdown editor. Key features include:
- Create, print and export markdown documents.
- Export as PDF, HTML and raw markdown.
- Syntax highlighting to help users write markdown easier.
- Multi document editing via tabs.
- Split text and HTML views to see the result of the markdown immediately.
Before installing PMD, you need to make sure its prerequisities are installed. It has two prerequisites.
These prerequisites are bundled with the ProjectMarkdown.BundleSetup, however if you want you can install them seperately yourself.
There are three ways you can install PMD.
- You can download and build the project yourself with Visual Studio from the PMD github page. Prerequisites are likely to be already installed as they are installed alongside Visual Studio.
- If you already have the prerequisites that is outlined above, you can download and double click on the ProjectMarkdown.Setup.msi and follow the on screen instructions to install the application.
- If you don't have the prerequisites, you can download the ProjectMarkdown.BundleSetup.exe and install the application along with the prerequisites. Note that you may need to restart your computer during the installation as sometimes installing Visual Studio C++ 2012/2013 redistributables requires a restart after installation.