This is a very early version of the MAP OpenWRT feed. This feed adds the support for the MAP transition technology to OpenWRT with DHCPv6-based provisioning. The option number is taken arbitrarily and will definitely change in the future - so use this just for your own testing!
Here are the steps to add the MAP support to your OpenWRT build:
- Open the feeds.conf.default in the editor
- Add the line: "src-git openwrt_map https://github.com/ayourtch/openwrt-map.git"
- ./scripts/feeds update -a
- ./scripts/feeds install -a -p openwrt_map
Then to build the OpenWRT with MAP support:
- make menuconfig
- Find the "Network" menu and select "map-mdpc" - it will autoselect odhcp6c and map-cernet items as well
- exit the menu and "make"
- Configure a given interface as "DHCPv6 client"
- Edit the /etc/config/network and add the line "option reqopts '48879'" under the interface that is configured for DHCPv6 client
- Change the firewall configuration for IPv6 default inbound forwarding from "REJECT" to "ACCEPT" (to be investigated if a more granular setting is doable)
After the DHCP lease happens, the log is in the /tmp/map.log on the OpenWRT CPE.