It's pronounced "rucksack" ;) Source for quirky items to buy for a vacation based on the destination’s climate. Users can log in to create a pack of items for their trip, as well as search and view other users' packs. Weather from the World Weather Online API and items sourced from the Etsy API.
Key Technologies, Packages, and Gems
- Front End
- Ruby on Rails
- Material UI
- Back End
- User login authentication with bcrypt
- Postgres database
- Create a pack of items for a trip based on the destination's API-generated weather
- Search other users' packs by location, keyword, or weather
- View other users' previously created packs
- User can delete own packs
- Total value of each pack calculated based on Etsy prices
- Individual items link out to their respective Etsy listings
Users choose a username and password to create an account.
Search for a city by name to view a list of items relevant to that city's current weather.
Select items for that trip's pack and customize the pack's name.
View original item listings on Etsy and the total cost to purchase the pack based on Etsy's prices.
Search for other users' packs by location or weather.
Users can view and delete packs they've created.