Poor man's logging for inter Microservice requests.
In a microservice system, it s often not clear which way a specific user request took and debugging can be a nightmare. This module helps you in assigning a unique identifier to a request and passing it along. The identifier is stored in the MDC and can be used in logback as a user variable in the log pattern.
<dependency> <groupId>de.codeboje</groupId> <artifactId>request-logging</artifactId> <version>0.0.1</version> </dependency>
- Add the RequestContextLoggingFilter as a Servlet Filter
- add requestId as a user variable to your logback log pattern
- Send the request header X-REQUEST-ID with each request
- Add the RequestContextLoggingInterceptor to your Spring RestTemplate
- Set requestId in the MDC or use an autogenerated value per request