This is a Perl 6 port of File::HomeDir. File::HomeDir is a module for locating the directories that are "owned" by a user (typicaly your user) and to solve the various issues that arise trying to find them consistently across a wide variety of platforms.
The end result is a single API that can find your resources on any platform, making it relatively trivial to create Perl software that works elegantly and correctly no matter where you run it.
use v6; use File::HomeDir; say File::HomeDir.my-home; say File::HomeDir.my-desktop; say File::HomeDir.my-documents; say File::HomeDir.my-pictures; say File::HomeDir.my-videos;
To install it using zef (a module management tool bundled with Rakudo Star):
zef install File::HomeDir
- To run tests:
$ prove -ve "perl6 -Ilib"
- To run all tests including author tests (Please make sure Test::Meta is installed):
$ zef install Test::META $ AUTHOR_TESTING=1 prove -ve "perl6 -Ilib"
Perl 6 version:
- Ahmad M. Zawawi, azawawi on #perl6, https://github.com/azawawi/
- Tadeusz Sośnierz, tadzik on #perl6, https://github.com/tadzik/
Perl 5 version:
- Adam Kennedy (2005 - 2012)
- Chris Nandor (2006)
- Stephen Steneker (2006)
- Jérôme Quelin (2009-2011)
- Sean M. Burke (2000)