An application to track expenses in a multi-party, communal but financially separate living situation using a pre-budget (or allocation, or combined monetary resources) to be utilized by members via a fund (in a jar perhaps), multiple funds will be supported.
- Money is placed in the jar to cover one unit of time (to be agreed upon in advance), such as a week,
- When money is needed to be spent from a given fund (food for example):
- Money is taken from the fund jar, and logged on a slip of paper, or in the application.
- A receipt and any change is brought back to the fund receptacle.
- The receipt will be initialed by the person making the purchase.
- At the end of the time unit, the members sit down with the application and perform a reconciliation.
A reconciliation is the act of replenishing the fund by putting money back in to the fund receptacle based on what the application has calculated based on various weights (time in domicile, amount of alcohol generally consumed, number of dependents, ...).