Azure Flash News Episode #84 - 01/24/2020
- Rick Weyenberg email: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: @codeboarder
- Mark Garner email: email@example.com twitter: @mgarner
- Tim Sullivan email: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter [@SullivanTim]https://twitter.com/SullivanTim)
- website: www.azureflashnews.com
- twitter: @azureflashnews
- iTunes: aka.ms/afn-iTunes
- Google Play: aka.ms/afn-google
- Stitcher: aka.ms/afn-stitcher
- Youtube: Azure Flash News Channel on YouTube
Congrats to Azure Flash News!
Azure Flash News has been named one of the top 10 Azure Podcasts by Feedspot! (January 2020) https://blog.feedspot.com/azure_podcasts/
Player.fm has also named Azure Flash News as a top Azure podcast. Thanks!
Azure Functions runtime 3.0 is now generally available
Azure Functions 3.0 is now generally available, so it’s now possible to build and deploy functions with the 3.0 runtime version in production.
Azure Databricks Is now HITRUST certified
Azure Databricks is now certified for the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF®). Azure Databricks provides a fast, easy, and collaborative Apache Spark™–based analytics platform to accelerate and simplify building big data and AI solutions, backed by industry leading SLAs. Azure Databricks joins many other Azure services in formal certification with the HITRUST CSF, enabling you to create and deploy cloud-based applications with confidence.
Azure Active Directory support in Azure Database for MySQL
Support for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) integration for Azure Database for MySQL is now in preview. This new integration allows you to securely sign in to their database by using Azure Active Directory and to manage credentials in a central place
Azure Data Factory supports copying data into SFTP
Azure Data Factory now supports SFTP as a sink and as a source.
Produced by Emily Mackmiller