A Processing bundle for Sublime Text 2. Check the demo video on vimeo! Please note: you must have at least (>=Processing 2.0b6), otherwise the buildsystem of the this bundle won't work. The video is a bit outdated, you don't have to run any longer the Processing.app in parallel to run sketches. If you have to stick for some reason to an old Processing verion e.g. 1.5.1 you can use the old version of this bundle.
Make sure to run
Tools -> Install "processing-java" after you have installed the Processing.app.
This bundle assumes that you chose to install processing-java for all users (recomended). If you choose/have to install processing-java only in your home directory, then you have to slightly change the build script, see comment in
You will need to set your PATH to where your processing application is located, e.g.:
You will need to set your PATH environment variable to where your processing application is located:
- Open the "Advanced System Settings". e.g. by running "sysdm.cpl"
- In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
- Edit the "Path" variable. Append the processing path (e.g.:
;C:\Program Files\Processing-2.0b6\) to Variable value. Each entry is separated with a semicolon.
or write a seperate build system as documented in this comment
There are 3 easy ways to install the Processing Bundle:
If you are using Sublime Package Control, you can easily install the Processing Bundle via the
Sublime Text 2 -> Preferences -> Package Control: Install Package menu item.
Alternatively you can install the theme and keep up to date by cloning the repo directly into your
Packages directory in the Sublime Text 2 application settings area.
Go to your Sublime Text 2
Packages directory and clone the theme repository using the command below:
git clone https://github.com/b-g/processing-sublime/ "Processing"
- Download the files using the GitHub .zip download option
- Unzip the files and rename the folder to
- Copy the folder to your Sublime Text 2
Packagesdirectory e.g. OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/Processing
- Select in Sublime Text the Processing buildsystem:
Tools -> Build system -> Processing
- Run the sketch:
cmd+b(make sure that you have the normal sketch structure of a folder and a pde-file: mysketch/mysketch.pde)
buildyou get alternative buildsystems:
Run sketch fullscreenand various
Export sketch options
- Console error messages are clickable: e.g. double click
test.pde:10:0:10:0: The function reect(int, int, int, int) does not exist.to jump to the related line and file.
If you are new to Sublime I recommend the excellent and free video tutorial by nettuts: Perfect Workflow in Sublime Text. If you are short of time, then make sure to watch at least the lession Multiple Cursors and Incremental Search (~6min), highly recommended!
- This bundle is very much based on Processing TextMate Bundle by Leon Hong, thanks for all the good work!
- I used the textmate-to-sublime-converter to convert the snippets from the original Processing TextMate Bundle to Sublime Text speak.
- Syntax highlighting tweaking Mark Brand
- Linux build script and testing Julien Deswaef
- Windows build script and documention Ralf Baecker
- Error console capturer Greger Stolt Nilsen
- Master of the syntax definition. Whitespace and indentation cleanup. Processing reference vs. sublime diff tool. Yong Joseph Bakos.