Awesome Static Hosting and CMS
A collection of awesome static hosting providers, content management systems, and curated articles.
Most importantly, this list wouldn't exist without the excellent work that's been done to create the Awesome Static Website Services list. Adam has curated some of the best resources, across a wide range, to help people develop their sites.
We don't want to repeat that content, go read the original!
Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Contentful : (web: contentful.com) - Enterprise-grade content editing for anything (more than just static sites)
- DatoCMS : (web: datocms.com) - An open source, and commercially supported, CMS for Static Site Generators. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/datocms
- Forestry (web: forestry.io) - A CMS for Jekyll and Hugo sites. Host anywhere (GitHub Pages, Amazon S3, FTP, etc) and access your static CMS from
- GraphCMS : (web: graphcms.com) - Headless CMS for Digital Creators. GraphQL Content APIs for Digital Products. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/GraphCMS
- Grav : (web: getgrav.org) - Modern, Crazy Fast, Ridiculously Easy and Amazingly Powerful Flat-File CMS.
- Hokus : (web: hokus CMS) - Open source CMS for Hugo static websites.
- Jekyll Admin (web: jekyll.github.io/jekyll-admin) - A Jekyll plugin that provides users with a traditional CMS-style graphical interface to author content and administer Jekyll sites. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/jekyll/jekyll-admin
- Netlify : (web: netlifycms.org) - An open source, and commercially supported, CMS for Static Site Generators. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/netlify/netlify-cms
- Prose : (web: prose.io) - An open source CMS for GitHub pages. Developed on GitHub: https://github.com/prose/prose
- Sanity.io : (web: sanity.io) - Sanity is an API for structured content with a React.js editing environment
- Siteleaf : (web: siteleaf.com) - Online editor content manager that allows you to publish anywhere, including Github Pages, and it has Jekyll support.
- Surreal CMS : (web: surrealcms.com) - Hosted CMS for static sites over FTP or Amazon S3.
- Building a fast, secured and free static site in less than three hours by Guillaume Sempe; August 2017
- Deploy Jekyll sites to S3 using Travis CI by Mike Neumegen; January 2016
- Deploy Jekyll sites anywhere using jekyll-hook by Mike Neumegen; January 2016
- Hosting on GitLab.com with GitLab Pages
- How to automatically deploy static web site to the hosting by Vitaly Repin; July 2015
- Jekyll Deployment methods
- Azure Static Web Apps - First look
- GitHub : (web: github.com)
- GitLab : (web: gitlab.com)
- Neocities : (web: neocities.org)
- Netlify : (web: netlify.com)
- DOM Cloud : (web: domcloud.id)
- Azure Static Web Apps : (web: azure.microsoft.com)