CoC-CharGen is a character generator for Call of Cthulhu (CoC) for both PCs (player characters) and NPCs (non-player characters). It supports 1890's, 1920's, and 1990's versions of the game. It's goal is to be:
- Universal - it's coded in good ol' PHP!
- Easy to use - just click a button!
- Expandable - a MySQL backend allows adding more names, places, colleges, and other information.
- Up-to-date - other generators haven't been updated in years!
- Complete - CoC-CharGen will create everything for you, including your backstory, appearance, address, and more.
- Complete stats generation
- Automatic calculation of IDEA, LUK, KNOW, hit points, and sanity points.
- Option to disable mythos points allocation
- Fully randomized country creation
- Home town and name generated based on the home country to match region and ethnic background (% chance to be a non-native name based on era)
- Education location (ie. what university) based on income level
- Weighted randomization algorithm for occupation based on education
- Appearance generates randomly based on size, strength, appearance.
- Backstory randomly generates from lists of hundreds of different combinations of options.
- Real content and data
- Over 200 real, accredited universities and colleges, all historically accurate, with minimum required income levels.
- Over 100,000 first and last names, pulled from actual census data from the CoC eras.
- Thousands of street names and suffixes, allowing in virtually millions of different street names.
- Randomized chance of having a pre-existing mental disorder based on documented rates in CoC eras.
src/ directory into your
public_html/ (or equivalent) directory of your choice, and go to the
/install/ page. Follow the steps!
If you love Call of Cthulhu half as much as we do, buy some stuff from http://www.chaosium.com/ to support the game. Without them, we wouldn't need this tool!
CoC-CharGen is supported by:
Support them by listening to the podcast or tossing them a couple bucks for a beer. Beer has been known to fuel programming productivity!
Call of Cthulhu Character Generator Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Brian Turchyn All references to commercial items copyright their respective owners This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.