Original project author, and libPLEX-OSS library creator: quiqueck
Main project developers: b0bben and ccjensen
Apple TV guru and project consultant: tomcool420
- You need to install the "beigelist" on your Apple TV (if you installed the Plex-Plugin using apt, it is already there )
- Set up a password-less ssh connection to your Apple TV using O'Reilly's instructions
- You need the iPhone 4.2 SDK installed on your machine!
- You need to get transcoder keys from the plex team in order to make playback work.
Install the plex-client on your Apple TV (prepares the correct skeletons) using:
echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list apt-get update apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin
Get a copy of the Plex Apple TV Client using the link at the github repository
- cd into the code's base directory (with name Plex-ATV-Plugin)
- Get build dependencies (ATV2Includes and SMFramework). These are included as submodules in the _contrib folder. The folders will be empty when you do a fresh clone, so type in:
git submodule init. This will initialize the folders
- Retrieve the latest commit (recommended):
git submodule update
- Retrieve the entire branch (if you intend to submit code changes to this repository):
git submodule add
This fill the
- Retrieve the latest commit (recommended):
- At this point all the code should be present
This might not be required, but the Plex client does very often stay on the 'bleeding edge' with SMFramework.
../Plex-ATV-Plugin/_contrib/SMFramework/Documentation folder contains documentation on how to set up your environment and build a new version of SMFramework.
Summary: you will need to download theos, dpkg, gnutar. Create a new symlink to gnutar,
Make sure to install the new version on your Apple TV.
we have got feedback from some of our users that even after following the instructions, they get some errors when running
make clean package. Here are a few tips:
Your current SYSROOT, "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk", appears to be missing.
Edit the following files:
Replacing the line with
SDKVERSION=4.3(or whatever version of the iPhone SDK you have installed). The ATV2G Plex plugin team are currently using 4.3.
SMFScreenCapture.m:18:32: error: IOSurface/IOSurface.h: No such file or directory
Edit the following file:
Either comment out (prepend each line with double forward slash), or remove the contents of the file (but don't remove the file!).
Tweak.xm:247: error: ‘MSHookIvar’ was not declared in this scope
You need to replace the substrate.h file in
$THEOS/includewith the one from
- Open PlexATV/atvTwo.xcodeproj
- Make sure you are building 4.2|Release|atvTwo|armv6
- Make sure your appleTV is turned on and that you can log in using firstname.lastname@example.org (without using a password)
- Set the transcoder keys in PlexATV/Classes/HWAppliance.mm
- Hit [cmd]+B in Xcode. The plugin is build and copied to the Apple TV and. After that AppleTV.app is restarted
This license applies to libPLEX-OSS.a and all included header files in include/ambertation-plex and include/plex-oss.
Copyright (c) 2010 F. Bauer
Redistribution and use of the libPLEX-OSS.a code or any derivative works are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions may not bea sold, nor may they be used in a commercial product or activity.
- Redistributions must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- It is not allowed to redistribute a modified version of the libPLEX-OSS.a
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The Plugin code itself is based on the sample code created from NitoTV
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.