Born in New York: a family journal
This is a family journal. First-time parents, we wanted to document our exciting new journey for our future selves as well as our daughter. Since we are Korean expats in New York, this site would also serve as an easy connection channel for us with our families back in Seoul.
- Jekyll: a no-brainer choice to keep an easy-to-maintain static site
- HTML/(S)CSS: Obviously. Layout is largely based on Flexbox.
- Free to use: As for lines of code—HTML/SASS/CSS/JS/Jekyll, or any code in this repo—take whatever you need, tweak however you want, and use anywhere you like. Just know that this site is in constant beta mode and contains lots and lots of ugly codes which could probably be written better.
- Not to be used without permission: All image, video, and written content are strictly personal and cannot be used anywhere other than this blog in any matter.
- Better, cleaned-up code: During local testing, I had used a Lightbox Jekyll plugin, which only later I realized is not supported by Github Pages. I could have used another hosting solution or found another Markdown solution, but instead I just haphazardly mixed raw HTML Lightbox tags into Markdown documents. This works for me for now but will make it difficult for me to manage should I decide to change site-wide layout. Once settled, I'd plan to come up with a more sound Lightbox—or a different image viewer—solution that takes full advantage of Markdown.