This is a Proof-Of-Concept implementation to extend zulip to enable chatting-with-customers features.
- One extra view was added to expose limited chat UI to customer
- List of Support accounts which would be mapped with customer are
- For routing two urls are to be added to current
zproject/urls.pywhich are in
- To prevent customers from accessing email ids of complete realm we
# Return no status info for regular users if requesting_user_profile.realm.domain != settings.ADMIN_DOMAIN: return defaultdict(dict)
- Similar check was added to
views/__init__.pyhome function to redirect customer to support interface.
- At the moment we auto-login customer after asking their email-id. For security purpose, we create a new private stream for the customer and unsubscribe it form previous existing streams. Ideally there should be a way(OAuth or server-to-server authentication) to make sure user is logged in on main site and then enable previous history of chats they had done.
- These htmls could be rendered inside an iframe on your home page to give you a private, self hosted chat-with-us plugin for your site.