Magicle is the Magic Line Editor and it is here to provide in a somewhat magical approach of editing text (in your favorite text-editor).
You can automatically edit certain lines based on context. The editing actions are defined in functions and the action to perform is selected by matching with a prioritized list of regexp rules, one for each function. Magicle can perform various tasks, but is only executed with a single (key)command.
Press Enter to edit
Because you can easily define your own rules and functions (in any programming language (coming soon)), magicle allows you to do many cool things, like:
- Running any of the default build-in tasks:
- Bumping the year in copyright headers
- Create reStructuredText headers
- Wrap lines to a miximum length
- Creating powerful macros
- Creating templates
- Creating snippets
Magicle is in very early stages of development right now. These are the things that most probably will be added soon.
- Add documentation
- Add more build-in functions
- Add a "plugin" system where a Magicle function can be defined as any (prefixed) executable (script) in the PATH as long as it can return exit codes. This allows for a user to extend the functions list very comfortably.
- Add a configfile to define the functions regexp match list
Magicle is released under an ISC license, which is functionally equivalent to the simplified BSD and MIT/Expat licenses, with language that was deemed unnecessary by the Berne convention removed.
Copyright (c) 2016 Benjamin Althues <email@example.com> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
This file has been edited with Magicle.