Aaron's Smart Home ⭐
This repository contains (almost) everything needed to run my smart home. I make the details freely available in the hope that other home automation enthusiasts might find value.
I use an Intel NUC i5 with the following apps running as Docker containers:
- Home Assistant: the primary home automation software
- Amazon Dash: a service allowing Amazon Dash buttons to interact with the system
- AppDaemon: Home Assistant-friendly automation in pure Python
- Glances: system monitoring and stats
- Grafana: data visualization and analytics
- ha-dockermon: RESTful services to interact with Docker containers
- iBeacon: a container that allows my hub to act as an iBeacon for presence detection
- Mosquitto: an MQTT broker for fast, friendly service communication
- NGINX: a fast, secure web server behind which the other services live
I keep all the nitty gritty details in the wiki.