Aaron's Smart Home
This repository contains (almost) everything needed to run my smart home. I make the details freely available in the hope that other home automation enthusiasts might find value.
I use an Intel NUC i5 with the following apps running as Docker containers:
- ecowitt2mqtt: sends local weather station data to Home Assistant
- ESPHome: custom firmware generator for ESP8266/ESP32 microcontrollers
- Fail2Ban: an adaptive log monitor that can firewall bad IP addresses
- Home Assistant: the primary home automation software
- metrics2mqtt: sends host data (memory, CPU, disk usage, etc.) to an MQTT broker
- OpenZWave: sends data from Z-Wave devices to an MQTT broker
- Portainer: a GUI to manage my Docker containers when I'm sick of the CLI
- Traefik: a fast, secure web server behind which the other services live
- VerneMQ: an MQTT broker for fast, friendly service communication
- zigbee2mqtt: sends data from Zigbee devices to an MQTT broker
I do a poor job keeping my wiki up to date, so if you want to know something, submit an issue!