Permalink Filter provides a content filter that automatically adds permalinks to heading tags in your content.
Permalinks are characters or text (typically '#', '¶' or '§') that are displayed next to headings and which link specifically to that heading via a unique ID. The ID is generated from the text of the heading (for cleaner URLs), unless the heading already has an ID attribute (in which case it is used instead).
You can customise:
- Which heading types the links are added to (h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6)
- The character/text to use for the links
- Where the links are positioned (before or after the heading)
- Whether default styling is applied to the links (e.g. hover over a heading for the link to appear)
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at https://backdropcms.org/guide/modules.
Visit the 'Text editors and formats' page under Administration > Configuration > Content authoring (admin/config/content/formats) and configure the text format you'd like to enable the Permalink Filter on.
Tick the 'Add permalinks to heading tags' box to enable the filter, and make sure it appears towards the end of the filter processing order (the exact position will depend on what other filters are enabled). Save.
Visit the configuration page under Administration > Configuration > Content authoring > Permalink filter (admin/config/content/permalink-filter) and adjust the settings as appropriate for your site.
(Optional) Style the permalinks with your own custom CSS.
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue: https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/permalink_filter/issues.
- Peter Anderson (https://github.com/BWPanda).
- Written for Backdrop by Peter Anderson (https://github.com/BWPanda).
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.