Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Backdrop 1.5.0 is a minor release packed with new features and an all-new out-of-box experience! A new default theme -- "Basis", drop-down menus, a homepage layout, demo content, and hero block provide a fresh take on the fundamentals of a modern day content management system.
But there is more! From database support for Emoji to dozens of UX improvements, Backdrop 1.5.0 is full of great improvements for your website.
- Add a new front-end theme (Basis) to core
- Provide responsive drop-down menus out of the box
- Provide a default Home Page layout
- Provide a Hero block feature
- Provide an Existing node block for layouts
- Provide a list of blocks and the modules that provide them
- Allow Emoji (Switch MySQL encoding from utf8 to utf8mb4)
- Allow non-administrative users to view unpublished nodes
- Allow site builders to disable the /node path
- Set default URL alias patterns for everything in core
- Add HTML tag selector (Format dropdown) into the Rich-Text editor
- Terminology and interface improvements for the Existing content block
- Current menu local task (child/button) is unclear
- Remain on manage blocks page when layout is saved
- Move the Page title settings to a dialog
- Use 'edit' instead of 'configure' when managing layouts
- Add a "Login" link to the User Account menu and remove the login block from the sidebar
- Allow bulk generation of path aliases for individual entity bundlesbackdrop/backdrop-issues#2077
- Display notification badges on smaller screen sizes
- Add styling to configuration management diff
- Move settings for Administrator role and Anonymous users to Roles page
- Improve the text displayed when search returns no results
- Clarify default publishing setting label on content type forms
- Fix Random failures in LayoutBlockTextTest
- Provide a mechanism for menu callbacks to JSON only
- Maintenance page should hide sidebar if it is empty
- Remove obsolete region support from themes.
Other notable changes
- Upgrade jQuery to 1.12.4
- Enable CSS/JS aggregation by default on new installs
- Set default for "Error messages to display" setting to NONE
- Log warnings when a backwards compatibility wrapper function is used.
For the full list of changes see the 1.5.0 commit log.