- require.js as file and module loader for the frontend.
- less.js as CSS alternative.
- socket.io for the websocket connection.
Design is mostly inspired and taken from streamie. Thanks to cramforce and the other designers.
I took over the *.less files with just some small modifications, but I didn't remove unneeded things for now.
The client is fully working, but the code needs some cleanup.
What does it look like?
Because not everyone got mpd and/or node installed and is willing to install it just for node-mpc, here is a screenshot of it's interface:
And I made a small video, too. See it on vimeo.
- Code Cleanup!
- Configurable. Not everyone has mpd running on localhost:6600 and most of them are even secured by password.
- See TODO
npm install socket.io
npm install paperboy
- Make sure you're mpd is up and running (no auth support yet)
node mpd-connect.js PORT HOST
- Now use the client.