- -_, , ( ~/|| ' || ( / || \\/\\ _-_ \\ _-_ \\/\\ =||= \/==|| || || || || || \\ || || || /_ _|| || || || || ||/ || || || ( - \\, \\ \\ \\,/ \\ \\,/ \\ \\ \\, _-_- |\ /, _ \\ || _-_ / \\ _-_ \\/\\ / \\ _-_, ~|| || \\ || || || \\ || || || || ||_. || ||/ || || ||/ || || || || ~ || ( -__, \\,/ \\_-| \\,/ \\ \\ \\/ ,-_- / \ '----` BY SETH STERNBERGER Manual V1.9 07182016
Outlaw Editor Demo Credits:
- Produced & Directed by Seth Sternberger of 8 Bit Weapon
- Coding - Martin Haye, Brendan Robert, and Dave Schmenk
- Font Code - Andrew Hogan
- Graphics - Seth Sternberger
- Scenario - Seth Sternberger
- Playtesting & Quality Assurance - Andrew Schultz
To make your own games get your free copy of Outlaw Editor here: https://github.com/badvision/lawless-legends/tree/master/OutlawEditor
Welcome to Ancient Legends, a Fantasy Role Playing adventure for the Apple II Computer! (Rated PG-13)
You are Quinn of Thane, the westernmost island in Merkania. Since the last of great wars your family has lived in peaceful seclusion for generations. Raised on ancient legends, you have often dreamed of exploring what lies beyond the island. You surmise that dark times must have befallen the mainland, as dark creatures now sully the sanctuary of your island home as well.
Now you are the last of your line and have decided to venture to the mainland and seek your fortune! You pack your things, take your family's heirloom amulet for luck and enter the forest for adventure...
Instructions for play:
Stats & skills: Each stat and skill has a range from 1-10 max. You can increase these attributes by completing quests, finding enchanted items and gear. There is also a fabled place to train for higher stats, or is that just an ancient legend?
Word Puzzles: You will occasionally be presented with a word prompt puzzle where you need to type in a response. All correct responses are only one word like "FLOWER" or "DEATH" (case sensative caps only!). There are no multiple word answers like "King Bob" or "Billy the Bad Fish" anywhere, so rest easy adventurer!
Getting Started: For new adventurers here are a few tips.
- Roads are useful to follow until you feel comfortable really exploring the wilderness.
- Towns have shops [blue buildings] and clues for your quest, not to mention affordable healers.
- Save early and save often: CTRL S save & CTRL L load
- Be sure to hit 1 and then E to equip your gear before you take another step.
- Fleeing may land you a few lumps before you escape, so standing your ground to fight may be best.
- Some weapons & armor will boost your stats.
- Exploring is rewarded.
- 128K Apple IIe or Apple //c or Apple IIgs
- 2 floppy drives or hard disk
- Color monitor for best experience
Loading the game on a Real Apple IIc, IIe, IIgs:
Insert disk 1 in drive 1 and disk 2 in drive 2. then turn on your computer.
Loading the game via emulator:
- WINDOWS - Download AppleWin: AppleWin is usually a IIe emulator, but it can run IIGS hard drive images. Push F8 for settings. In the "Disk" tab, (Alt-E) enable hard disk controller in slot 7. Then Select HDD 1 as the 800k (2MG) version. The latest version of AppleWin NTSC is available at http://wsxyz.net/applewin.html
- Mac - TBA
General travel in 2d/3d maps:
W I (go forward or up) A D J L (move or turn left/right) S K (backup or go down)
3D Maps only:
Z C M . (Strafe left right)
- CTRL+S to save
- CTRL+L to reload save
- initiate options
- B Battle
- F Flee *In-combat options
- M Melee
- S Shoot (must have projectile weapon for this option to appear)
- D Dodge
- F Flee
- Press 1 to see stats/inventory
- E - Equip & Unequip
- U - Use item
- D - Drop - no turning back once an item is dropped!
- < > - Scroll through inventory pages
For help or to report problems email email@example.com