- Go to your office hours queue channel and send
?setup queue_channelin it.
- Join your waiting room voice channel and send
?setup waiting_roomin any channel.
- Add your TA's role by sending
?setup ta_role Role Name. (For example:
?setup ta_role Teaching Assistants)
discord.pyif you haven't already (
pip install discord.py)
- Insert your secret token into
config.ini(If you don't have one, here's a good guide)
- Invite your bot to your server
Using the bot
- After setting the bot up, you can use the
?queuecommand if you have the TA role to check which people are in queue and what order they're at
- Use the
?nextcommand to automatically disconnect all non-TA users and move in the next waiting user into the channel you're in.
- Queue automatically updates when the bot starts (users ordered in the order Discord reports them to the bot)
- Easy to configure (just 3 commands!)
- One instance can operate in multiple servers
- Does not require a database setup for people who want to self-host
- (Not sure if that's desireable behavior) TAs are included in waiting lists if they join the waiting room.
- I don't know, you tell me?