01st August 2018
VOLUMIO SPOTIFY CONNECT 2 PLUGIN
It is still in dev and some features are missing.
Tested on :
- RPI 0
- RPI B
- RPI B+
- x86 laptop
- Requires a Premium or Family account
Before intalling the dev version, REMOVE, if exists, the plugin from your system using the webUI plugins page.
Due to a Volumio decision, now third party or dev plugin can only be install through SSH. Here is how:
1. Enable SSH and connect to Volumio
For security reasons, SSH is disabled by default on all versions after 2.199 (except first boot). It can be however enabled very easily.
Now you can connect to Volumio with username
volumio and password
ssh email@example.com (if you changed the name of your device, replace the second volumio by it or use its IP address.
2. Download and install the plugin
Type the following commands to download and install plugin:
wget https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotconnect2.zip mkdir ./volspotconnect2 miniunzip volspotconnect2.zip -d ./volspotconnect2 cd ./volspotconnect2 volumio plugin install
3.Enable the plugin
In volumio webUI, go in plugin section, installed plugin.You should see volspotconnect2 now ! Enable it and play ! You can go in the plugin settings to tweak some details. Enjoy !
Time is reset when changing volume in UI UI may hangs sometimes when pressing buttons to fast. A delay, somtimes up to 10sec after play is pressed, before the sound comes...
01st August 2018
- correction in install.sh for curl
28th June 2018
- use of curl instead of wget in install.sh (@gkkpch)
21th June 2018
- better complex username handling
09th june 2018
- Expand credentials command parameters (@ash)
- Update readme
23th may 2018
- autoconfig enabled when plugin is activated
18th may 2018
- fix from @ash :Fix #169 -- Add
14th may 2018
- comment //disableUiControls: true
- better compatibility with audio_intrface plugins ( volstereo2mono, volsimpleequalizer, volbauerfilter, volparametriceq )
18 th march
- new librespot (@ashthespy)
- better UI handling (@ashthespy)
- miscellaneaous changes
- add dutch translation. Thank you @LeonCB
- re enable volumio stop when spotify starts playing.
- miscellanea spelling fix
- update readme for installation (thanks to kayue)
- re enable onstart1.sh
- add version in plugin configuration
- seek function
- password management for complex password
- new librespot for x86
- now working play/pause next previous buttons ! thank you @ashthespy !
- new librespot for arm
- use of spotifyweb api.
- change port of socket to avoid conflict with airplay (port 5030 now)
- remove // for service: self.servicename
- PR for volumio plugins
- correction for webUI hanging problem
10th Febuary 18
- metadata in volumioUI
- on stop adjustment
25th January 18
16th January 18
merge of volspotconnect-futurdev:
- add volume normalization
- add initial Spotify volume
- add metadata (not yet in webUI)
- add shuffle and repeat
onstart.shuses curl instead of wget
- no x86 yet....
- new version of librespot for x86. Now stops playing at the end of a playlist.
- new version of librespot for arm. Now stops playing at the end of a playlist. Will follow for x86 in next days...
- correct a wrong volspotconnect2.zip file !
September 25 th
- fix x mode on onstart1.sh
- on stop function to stop volumio playing when volspotconnect2 starts to play
August 10 th
- new librespot (correct alsa backend support for x86)
- disable cache - remove related service
- common librespot for armv6 and armv7
- new librespot for armv6, armv7 and x86
- new librespot for armv6 and armv7 - x86 please wait, fails to compile....
- update librespot for armv6
- new librespot x86 and armhf - fix for 'a song cannot be played in librespot but in official app'
- new librespot for armv7 and x86 (armv6 later)
- new librespot for arm. Not home compiled but from https://github.com/herrernst/librespot/releases : sound volume is max...
- new librespot for armhf and x86. Please wait for and arm....
add return libQ.resolve(); in index.js onVolumiostart
- change error message when download requires package failed
- new librespot for armv6
- new librespot with correction in protocol
- default volume is now about 30% instead of 100%
- Add auto restart service if hang
- generated proper startconnect.sh when enabling plugin
- new librespot for armv6l
- update readme
- update remove.sh - chache size is now 64Mo
- option to share or no the device
- remove stream rate selector - default is now 320kbps
- correct librespot x86
- correction to install on i686
-new librespot library with native multi-users -support x86 arch -cache written in /tmp
-cache is now written in /dev/shm to preserve sd card -better global responsivness -better handling multi users
Febuary 17th correction when switching users
correction in remove.sh correction volspotconnectpurgecache.service correction onstart
New librespot libirary Cache is now set to 64Mo with auto purge
New librespot version
volumio is set on pause when start playing add volspotconnect22.service
fix drop when stop playing allow multiple accounts
crendetials autoremove when stop playing : discovery mode ok
fix output device try to autoremove credentials at stop new work - first almost working plugin remove x bit on service
- First commit