Money? What money?
Some thoughts prompted by Touchpress's pivot.
- Touchpress, who?
- The core problem with the app stores.
- The difference between bookstores and digital markets.
- The importance in digital of having a specific worldview.
- The big advantage that ebooks have over apps.
- Who makes money in the app store?
- A lot of talk about The Silent History.
- In praise of low budget projects, made by small groups of people.
- The Pickle Index.
- On games not being the only future of digital storytelling. (A future, absolutely, just not the only one.)
- If you copy too much from games, you end up competing with games, and they're generally much better at it.
- High production value videos are soooooo expensive.
- Pick a genre and stick to it.
- Baldur goes on a rant on publishing industry contracts.
- On not confusing detail with quality.
- To be continued…
May contain swearing.