Hoversnap is a node application that controls a PTP camera connected over USB (a DSLR, or simply your smartphone) and captures picture whenever a jump is detected using a simple DIY floor pad connected to the GPIO interface of a Raspberry Pi.
This is a resin.io supercharged application. Clone it, push it to your resin endpoint and you're good to go!
The recipe for this project is as follows:
- Raspberry Pi with ethernet cable for internet connectivity and USB -> micro USB cable for power.
- A spare Ethernet cable
- A clothes-peg
- A piece of aluminium foil
- A breadboard, for example the AD-102 from Maplin.
- Jumper wires to connect everything. For example, these male-to-female connectors from Maplin.
DIY Floor Switch
- Tear ethernet cable apart
- Wrap each part of the clothes-peg with aluminium foil
- Connect wires to each part of the clothes-peg